Chapter 25

This ones for you @potatolovrrrrr I hope you enjoyed although it may be a little different than your suggestion

Meredith and Derek had been doing well, but ever since Addison showed up, things have been awkward. Meredith doubted herself a lot more, and Derek was upset that Addison was even here in the first place. He desperately wanted her gone.

Meredith and Derek both woke up and got ready. "You okay?" He asked in concern as he was quiet all morning. "I'm fine." Meredith responded. Derek nodded, not believing her at all.

They went to work as usual and parted ways. "What's going on with you and Shepherd?" Mark asked as he walked next to her in the hall. "Nothing. We're fine. Why do you ask?" Meredith replied quickly. "You guys aren't sucking face constantly." Mark pointed out. "Nothings wrong. We're fine Mark." Meredith said as they both entered the stairwell, walking downstairs.

Meanwhile, Derek had been trying to walk up to get to Meredith when Addison joined him. "Derek." Addison tried. "Go away." Derek said as she walked past her. Addison caught his forearm and pressed her lips roughly against his.

Derek immediately pushed her away and looked at her in terror. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Derek yelled. Addisons eyes widened. "I have a girlfriend. Meredith, remember her? She's the love of my life. Not you." Derek said sternly. "I just thought-" "Thought what? Thought that you follow me back here and think that I would give you another chance? No, not after what you did." Derek said firmly.

"I said I'm sorry Derek. I love you." Addison tried as she took a step closer to him again. Derek stepped back. "Addison, I don't love you. I love Meredith. We're done. We were never meant to be. I've moved Meredith all my life!" Derek admitted. "Then why did you marry me?" Addison asked. "You helped fill the whole in my heart when I couldn't have her. Now please, don't ever do that again. We're done." Derek said sternly as he stormed off, bumping right into Meredith and Mark.

Meredith and Mark had heard the whole thing. "I told you he's always loved you." Mark whispered when a solid figure walked into him.

"Meredith." Derek said in surprise. "Derek." Meredith said with a cautious tone. He grabbed her hand and led her to an on call room. "Did you see all of that?" He asked as they sat down next to each other.

"I-yeah." Meredith admitted. "I'm sorry Mer. She kissed me, and I-." "Derek, it's okay. I saw the whole thing. You didn't kiss her back." Meredith said. Derek breathed a sigh of relief. "All of what I said- it's all true Mer. I love you so much." Derek said genuinely.

"I know Der. I love you too." She replied as she kissed him softly. "Make up sex?" Derek asked with a smirk. "Later tonight. Some of us actually have work to do." Meredith said with a giggle as she pulled back from him. Derek scoffed but smiled. "Again, I'm sorry Mer." He said. "It's okay." She said assuringly.

For the rest for the day, everytbing was going well. After the whole ordeal earlier in the morning, Addison was sure to steer clear of the two boys. But not Meredith.

Addison approached meredith and looked at her. "The past 5 years have all been a lie. Because of you." Addison said, seething with anger and jealously. "I-." Meredith started. "No. He's loved you all along. But he still married me! You ruined my life!" Addison yelled, grabbing the attention of nearby nurses and doctors.

Addison grabbed the younger woman by the collar of her lab coat and slammed her up against the wall. "And I'm sure you'll ruin dereks too you little slut." Addison said rudely as she let Meredith go and ran off.

Meredith walked away in shock and straightened out her collar when a hand caught her hand and pulled her into a conference room. "You okay?" Derek asked in shock at his ex wife's violence. "Yeah; I'm fine." Meredith replied. "Are you sure?" Derek asked in concern. "Yes Derek. I may be small but I can hold my own." Meredith said with a giggle.

"Okay. Let's go home." Derek said.

They got home and changed into their pajamas. After a rough day, the couple managed to hold themselves together and talk through it. "I'm sorry again Mer." Derek apologized. "I know Derek. It's okay, it really is. It was nice to hear someone stand up for me." Meredith admitted quietly.

"And I'd do it time and time again." He whispered he hugged her tightly. "I love you." She said as she curled into his side. "I love you too Mer. More than anything." He replied. For the rest of the night, they watched movies and ate junk food, which was a classic night for the two of them. Once they got in bed, their make up sex had been great for the both of them.

Hey guys! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them! Hope your all doing well!