Epilogue

10 years later...

Meredith and Derek have been married for 10 years now. They've had their ups and downs as any usual couple, but they've survived. The couple adopted a baby girl Zola, and Meredith gave birth to two beautiful children, Bailey and Carolyn, or Carrie for short.

Zola was now almost 9. Bailey was almost 7. Carrie was about 5. One they got Zola, meredith and Derek both decided to officially move into the dream house Derek built for her. The kids were totally spoiled. And their parents absolutely adored them.

The past few years were hectic. Derek got a job in DC which were a rocky few months, but he eventually quit and came home. Meredith was attacked by a patient soon after he came back, which was very hard on the family.

They're family had been thriving. Nancy, Lizzie, Kathleen, and Amelia all now had families and husbands of their own, doing excellent. Carolyn and michael were both still in love and being grandparents. The Shepherd family was perfect.

The two of them watched as their children played outside on the play set Derek and Mark built. "Do you remeber when we used to do this together?" Meredith asked as she sipped her coffee.

"Of course. You made me push you on the swings all
The time." Derek chuckled as he embraced his wife from behind. Meredith leant into his chest and giggled.

"They're adorable." Meredith said with a happy sigh. "We make cute babies." Derek agreed. "Remember all those years ago you said you wanted to build me a dream house and we'd have a herd of kids?" She reminisced.

"And I told you we'd also be successful surgeons. It's all true Mer. It's all happening." He replied. Derek was head of neurosurgery, and Meredith was head of general surgery as Bailey had taken over the chief position.

"Mama, daddy! Come play with us!" Carrie yelled. Meredith and Derek chuckled and went outside to their beautiful backyard.

"What do you want to play princess?" Derek asked as he swooped her up in his arms. "Tag." Carrie replied as she poked him and squirmed out of his arms.

Derek laughed and chased the kids and Meredith. around. "I got mommy!" Derek yelled as he wrapped his arms around Meredith. "No mommy!!" Bailey yelled as he ran over and jumped on Derek.

Carrie and Zola joined in and Derek stumbled over with all three kids and Meredith on top of him. "I got you all!" Derek said with a laugh.

•••

The family of 5 went inside and sat down on the couch together. "Daddy? How did you and mama meet?" Zola asked as they watched Cinderella, a personal favorite of the kids.

Derek smiled and looked at Meredith. "Your mama and I grew up together." He replied. "Really? You played on the swing set together too?" Bailey asked. "We did." Meredith answered.

"That's a longgggg time ago." Carrie said. "It was." Derek agreed. "Dad, did you ever swing at the same time as mom in school? Because I did that with James in school and everyone said we was married." Zola asked.

Dereks eyes Widened. "You did?" He asked in amusement. "Yeah. Because we were going at the same time or something." Zola replied innocently.

"I domt know zo. Did we Mer that you remember?" Derek asked. "Probably, Zo." She replied. "How old were you when you had your first kiss? Em and Zach did yesterday." Zola asked.

Clearly, the little girl was very interested in her parents love story.

"First of all, no kissing boys until your 40. Second of all, your mommy and I didn't kiss until we were in our 30s." Derek replied.

"Why? You weren't together then?" She asked. "No, we weren't." Meredith stepped in. "Why?" Zola questioned. "I was with another woman. But then your mommy and I met up again and we got to talking and I knew she was the one for me, just like I did when we were kids." Derek explained.

"Ohhh." Zola gasped. "And then you had us?" Bailey asked. "Well, we got married and then a few years later we got Zo, had you, and then had Carrie." Meredith explained.

The kids nodded in understanding and focdused their attention back on the movie.

•••

Later that night, the kids were all asleep and Meredith and Derek were together in bed. "I was thinking about earlier. How you told the kids how we got together." Mereditj said.

"Yeah?" Derek asked, urging her on. "I knew I was in love with you forever." She admitted. "Oh, Mer. I was too. I may not have showed it, but I've been in love with you forever too." Derek replied holding her close to him.

"Thanks to you I've found my forever. Thank you for giving me a life I've always dreamed of. I love you." Meredith whispered.

"I love you too Mer. So much." He replied, rolling on top of her. "This is how it all started." Meredith smirked. "Let's continue it." He said, kissing her deeply.

Hey guys! This is it! Thank you all so much for reading this story and supporting me along the way. I've had a blast writing this and I rally appreciate all the votes and comments, they've kept me going. Check out my other stories if you want to. I hope you all have a fantastic rest of your day, night, whatever. Love you all!!