Chapter 13

A week later, Addison had signed the divorce papers and it was official. Derek was a free man. And he had plans to talk to Meredith about it.

Meredith and Derek both had work today. They went to work at 6. "Bailey, can I have an intern for the day?" Derek asked. "Sure. Take Grey." Bailey said. Meredith looked up and gave him a small smile. "Let's go." Derek said as she started walking.

"Hi." Derek said warmly as they got into a more secluded area. "Hi." Meredith replied. "Want to get pizza when we get home?" Derek asked. He hadn't referred to Merediths house as 'home' yet, but he liked the sound of it. "Sure." Meredith said. "Okay. We have a tumor to remove today, and you're scrubbing in with me." Derek said. Merediths eyes lit up. "Really?" She asked. Derek nodded. "Woooo!" Mereditj cheered happily. Derek smiled at her enthusiasm and placed a hand on her back. "Let's go prep the patient." He said.

Meredith and him locked eyes for a moment before she pulled them away. She nodded and followed Derek to the patient.

After some charting and suturing bananas, it was finally time for Derek and Merediths surgery. They met in the scrub room and started scrubbing. "You really like neuro, don't you?" Derek asked with a smile. "Yeah." Meredith admitted. "Let's get started Dr Grey." He said with a smile through his mask as he entered the OR.

The whole time, Meredith was fascinated. Not just by the surgery, but by dereks brilliant hands. He worked his instruments like magic. "Dr Grey, step on up." He said. Meredith walked up to the patient. "Hold this please." Derek said as he handed her a retractor. Meredith grabbed it, amazed at the human brain.

Derek noticed her fascinated look and was overtaken by a strong feeling of proudness for her. Meredith hadn't had an easy life, yet somehow she became a surgeon. "Want to close?" Derek asked. "But I could-." Meredith stammered. "Close." He said sternly, yet softly. Meredith took the suture and went to work, closing flawlesssly.

"You did great Meredith." Derek said. "Thanks." She replied quietly. "Listen, I'm divorced. Addison signed the papers. Go on one date with me. Just one." Derek said. "Derek-." She started. "Just one. Please." He begged. Meredith sighed. "Okay." She agreed. She desperately wanted to say yes the fir at time he asked, but she needed more reassurance.

"Tonight? I'll meet you in the lobby at 8." Derek said. Meredith nodded and turned to leave but Derek stopped her. He turned her around and put his hands on her small waist and pulled her in for a passionate kiss. Meredith was hesitant at first, but then accepted the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck.

They pulled away, both gasping for breath. Merediths cheeks flushed, Dereks too. "That was-." Meredith panted. "Great." Derek finished for her. Meredith nodded in agreement. "I'll see you tonight Dr Grey." Derek said huskily as he left the room, leaving her all hot and bothered. Meredith stood for a moment and composed herself before leaving the scrub room.

Derek was excited. He always kept a nice pair of jeans and a sweater in case of emergency, and he quickly changed into that for his date tonight. "Hot date tonight Shep?" Burke asked. "Actually, yes." Derek replied. "Really? With who?" Burke asked. "Someone." Derek replied. "Does this someone have a name?" He asked. "She does." Derek replied, his breath catching as he saw Meredith for the first time in years in a nice outfit instead of pajamas or scrubs. "Ah. Intern. Nice." Burke muttered before he walked away.

"You look beautiful." Derek said as Meredith approached. "Thank you." Meredith said nervously. "Ready to go?" He asked as he took her hand in his. Meredith nodded and they started walking out to his car.

They arrived at a beautiful restaurant that looked over the water. "I'm divorced." Derek said. "You're divorced." Meredith repeated. "Why did you marry Addison if you never loved her?" Meredith asked. "I-I think I wanted to feel something. Feel like I was doing soemtning right. Maybe fill the gap of what was missing." Derek replied. "What was missing?" Meredith asked. "You." Derek said as he looked dreamily at her.

Meredith blushed deeply. "I've wanted you for years Mer. When we went to New York, I didn't want to but that was addisons idea. I missed you everyday." He said as he covered her hand with his own. "I missed you too." Mereditj said softly.

After dinner was over, Meredith and Derek walked out of the restaurant and went back to her apartment.

The minute they entered the apartment, dereks hands were all over her, pinning her up against the wall. Mereditj kissed him deeply and played with his hair. Derek lifted her up effortlessly, wrapping her legs around his waist and carrying her to the bedroom.

He gently laid her down and hovered on top of her. "I missed you." Meredith panted. "I'll show you how much I missed you." Derek said as he pressed up against her. She gasped at the feel of him and moaned.

That night after many rounds, Derek and Meredith laid in bed together. "That-that was amazing." Meredith sighed. "It was." Derek agreed. "Thank you for letting me stay here." He said softly as he pressed a kiss to her head. "Anytime." Meredith said. "I've really missed you." She said. "I've really missed you too Meredith. So much." He said as he stifled a yawn.

A few minutes later, Meredith was out cold, sleeping comfortably in dereks safe and warm arms. "I love you." He whispered as he looked at her sleeping form. "I always have." He said as he turned off the lamp and closed his eyes.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! ❤️