Chapter 11

Meredith 30, Derek 35

When dereks whole life practically fell apart in New York when his wife cheated on him with his best friend, Derek fled. He went to the one place he called home, aside from New York. Seattle.

He arrived in Seattle, Washington and immediately went to a bar, needing to drink away the pain.

He entered the bar and sat down. "Scotch, straight up." He ordered. The bartender came him a shot. And then another shot. And then another, and so on.

As the night went on, dereks vision got blurrier, and his memory got foggier. He saw a petite blonde girl across the bar and he approached his way over. "Is this seat taken?" Derek asked as his words slurred slightly. The blonde who now turned around toward him took his breath away and tried to ignore him.

"Are you ignoring me?" Derek asked. "Trying to." Thr woman said simply. "You shouldn't ignore me. I'm someone you have to get to know to love." Derek said as he flashed a smile. "So if I know you, I'll love you?" She questioned. Derek nodded and watched
In awe as the woman downed another tequila shot.

Meredith was in her 2nd year of internship, and she was still drowning her sorrows in tequila. She loved her job, but she was lonely. So talking to guys and bringing them home made her feel better.

The guy she was talking to was dreamy, and vaguely familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on it. Meredith pressed her lips against his and he accepted the kiss gratefully. "How about we bring this somewhere else?" He growled against her lips. She nodded and let the man guide her out of the bar and called a cab.

They arrived at Merediths apartment she rented and couldn't keep their hands off of each other when they entered. She led the guy to her bedroom, ripping off clothes one by one.

They got to the bedroom and stumbled onto the bed, and added to Merediths list of drunken one night stands.

In the morning, Meredith woke up with a splitting headache and a man- a very naked man- on her living room floor. She dropped a pillow on his ass and his head jolted up. "You have to go." Meredith said as she looked at the man, her eyes going wide. "Meredith!?" Derek exclaimed. "Derek !?!" Meredith yelled in shock.

"You're married!" Meredith yelled. "What are you doing here!?" She added. "Addison Cheated on me." Derek said quietly. "I'm sorry Derek, but you really have to go." Meredith said. "We can't finish where we left off?" Derek asked with a smirk. "I have work in an hour. Listen, I'm gonna go shower, and when I come down, you won't be here, got it?" Meredith asked. Derek nodded. "Okay. Bye Derek." Meredith said as she ascended upstairs, her mind whirling.

As she stepped into the shower, her thoughts were everywhere. She just had sex with her oldest friend. They hadn't spoken in around 5 years. She remembered from last night feeling so safe, and so comfortable with him.

Derek just had sex with another woman. That was all he could think of. And he enjoyed it. Addison was never right for him, and he knew it. He was always jealous of Meredith when she brought home a guy. Derek put on his clothes from last night and hurried out the door, about to be late for his first day of being Chief of Neuro at Seattle Grace Hospital.

He arrived at the hospital just in time for rounds and quickly changed into the navy scrubs. He greeted his new colleagues and started working on a case while chatting with a co-worker. "Dr Shepherd?" Someone asked. He looked up and saw Meredith, standing in front of him. "Yes?" Derek asked. "Katie's parents have questions." She said. Derek grabbed her gently by the arm and led her to the stairs.

"What are you doing here?!" Meredith shrieked. "Richard offered me a job." Derek said. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I'm doing my internship here." Meredith hissed back until she realized he was looking at her in a way no one ever has. "Stop looking at me like that." Meredith said. "Like what?" Derek pried with a smirk. "Like you've seen me naked." Meredith said angrily.

"Derek, it was a one time thing, you get that, right? This can't exist." Meredith said sternly. "Why not?" He asked. "You took advantage of me. I was drunk." Meredith replied. "How about I take advantage of you again? Say Friday night?" Derek asked. "Derek, you have a wife. You need to talk to her." Meredith sighed. "Now please, come talk to the parents. We can talk after work." Meredith said as she walked away.

Derek watched her, shocked at how much she had really grown. He knew she was right about calling Addison, but he really didn't want to. A part of him was actually happy she cheated on him. It gave him a chance to leave Addison without the guilt.

Meredith was still shocked. As she watched Derek speak to Katie's parents, she was drooling over him. He was always a handsome man, but now he had gotten older and he looked more mature. His hair was long and dreamy, and his smile could melt anyone's heart.

After work, Meredith had invited Derek over her apartment to talk. "So?" Meredith asked. "I haven't talked to you in years Mer. I want to know you. We used to be close." Derek said with a sad smile. "Uh, I'm in my second year of internship. I'm 30." Meredith said. "Go on." Derek encouraged. "That's about it. It's kind of been lonely since you guys left." Meredith admitted. Derek frowned. "Any guys?" He asked. Meredith shook her head.

"What about you?" Meredith asked. "I got chief of neuro here, obviously. I'm 35. Addison cheated on me with..." Derek trailed off. "With?" Meredith supplied. "Mark." He said. "Mark did what?!" Meredith yelled. "Yeah." Derek sighed. "I'm so sorry Derek." Meredith said as she hugged him. He wrapped his arms around her small frame and it felt so right. "What are you going to do?" Meredith asked softly as she pulled away. "I don't know." Derek said truthfully.

"I think you need to talk to her." Meredith said. "I don't want to be with her. I never did." Derek admitted. "I just wanted her to be happy." He added. "Why did you marry her?" Meredith asked. "I just wanted someone, which is awful, I know." He replied.

Meredith yawned and checked the time. Midnight. "I should go. It's late." Derek said. "Where are you going? Are you going to moms?" Meredith asked. "I was probably just going to get a hotel room." He admitted. "You can stay here if you want." Meredith said as she stifled a yawn. "There's an extra room, if you wsnt." She offered. Derek thought about it for a minute before nodding. "I'm going to bed. There's some food if your hungry." Meredith said. "Bedrooms the first on the right. Night Der." Meredith said. "Night Mer." He said as he went to the bedroom.

He took his shirt and pants off and climbed into the bed.

How did the universe bring them togetehr again?

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!!