Chapter 21

Meredith had her appointment with Callie about her knee and woke up around 8. "Morning." Derek said as he gave her a tight hug. "Morning." She replied. "Ready for today?" He asked. "I hate this cast, it better come off." She said with a giggle.

They both changed and got into his car and drove off to the hosptial. Once they got there, Meredith used her crutches and entered the building, Derek close behind.

"Grey, over here." Callie said. They walked into an exam room and she sat up on the table. "Alright, let's see about getting this cast off. Let me take a quick X-ray." Callie said as she moved the portable X-ray over her leg.

Derek turned the lights off for her and Callie took the X-rays. "Think baileys gonna let you work again assuming this comes off?" She asked, making small talk. "Hopefully. I'll still have a brace though, right?" Meredith asked. "Yes. If the break is healed the cast will come off, but you'll need a full leg brace for the ACL." Callie replied.

"All right. Derek, can you flip the lights on please?" Callie asked. Derek did so and took his seat again. "So, fracture looks fully healed. I'll get this cast off right away." Callie said. Meredith smiled and looked at Derek, who kissed her softly.

Callie started cutting into the cast, and Derek grabbed Merediths hand. Meredith sighed in relief as the cast was pulled off and turned her nose up at the smell. "I have to shower." She said with a chuckle. "I'm gonna go grab a brace and I'll be back." Callie said as she exited the room.

"You want to talk to Bailey today?" Derek asked. Meredith nodded. "Yes." She replied. Derek nodded as Callie entered the room. "Alright Grey." She said.

Callie got the brace on. It was a full leg brace, going from her thigh to her shin. "Feel good?" She asked. "I can't bend my leg, so yes." Mereditj said with a laugh. "Alright. I'll see you back in a month for that ACL Grey. If you need anything you know where to find me." Callie said.

Before she left she turned around. "Good luck with Bailey." She said with a laugh as she left. Derek and Meredith left the exam room. Meredith liked not having crutches anymore, but she did have a slight limp due to the restricting brace and slight pain in her leg.

They found Bailey at a nearby nurses stations and walked over. "Dr Bailey." Meredith said. "Grey, Shepherd, how are you?" Bailey asked. "I'm good. Just this brace." Meredith replied. "Anyways, when can I come back to work?" She asked. "What did Torres say?" Bailey asked.

"The break is completely healed, and the ACL is still healing. She gave me this brace." Meredith said as she pulled up her sweatpants. "Come back to work tomorrow if you want. But I don't want you in any long surgeries. You have a 3 hour limit." Bailey said. Meredith smiled. "Sounds good to me." She said happily.

"Okay, okay, but your not working today. Go home and enjoy the day. Shepherd, I'll expect you to be here tomorrow too?" Bailey asked. "Yes." He said. "Okay. I'll see you both then." She replied as she walked away.

"Want to go home?" Derek asked. "Yeah." Meredith replied as she began slowly limping her way to the doors. Derek wrapped a secure arm around her waist and took some of her weight off. She leaned into his chest and wrapped an arm around his waist.

They got into the car and Derek drove them home. They got to the house and slowly made their way to her apartment. "I need to shower." She said as she entered the apartment. "Okay. Do you need help?" Derek asked thoughtfully.

"No, I should be okay. Unless you wanna take a bath with me." Meredith said with a smirk. Derek smiled and nodded eagerly. They entered Merediths bathroom and turned on the water. She stripped her clothes almost immediately and quickly and carefully tore off the brace. "Careful Mer." Derek said as he noticed her balancing on one leg.

He helped her into the tub, making sure there was enough room for her leg. He stripped his one clothes and sank into the hot water. He snaked his legs around hers and wrapped her arms around her waist. "You okay?" He asked softly. "I'm good. This feels so good." Meredith said in relief.

They enjoyed the warm water and the relaxing bath in each other's arms.

After an hour, they decided to get out. Derek quickly changed into his clothes and then sat Meredith down on the bed wrapped in a towel. He helped strap the leg brace on and then helped her pull on his pajama pants. She put her own sweatshirt on and they went back downstairs.

Derek and her sat down on the couch and they sat back on the couch next to each other. "Feeling Okay?" He asked quietly. "I'm okay." She confirmed as she snuggled back into his chest.

The rest of the day, they both spent their final day of leave in each other's arms by watching movies and eating junk good. Well, Meredith eating junk food, Derek eating healthy crap.

Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas, feel free to drop them!! Hope your all doing well!