Chapter 42

"Wedding planning." Meredith said, sitting at the kitchen table across from Derek. "What?" Derek asked.

"Wedding planning. Apparently we're really behind on that since we've been engaged for like a month." Meredith explained.

Derek nodded. "We do need to get on that. Maybe we can invite the family over today? I'm sure mom and my sisters have a ton of ideas." He asked.

"Yeah, cause I have no idea how to plan a wedding." Meredith smirked. "Oh I know my dear." Derek joked back, grabbing his phone.

Derek called his mom and she picked up on the  first ring. "Derek, how are you?" Carolyn asked. "Good mom. Mer and I were talking about wedding planning; and we wanted to know if you and the girls wanted to help." Derek explained.

"Of course we do, Derek! Today?" Carolyn asked. "Yeah. Mer and I have the day off." He replied. "Okay. Your father and I will be over and I'll call the girls for you." She said.

"Thanks mom. See you soon." Derek said. "Bye honey. Bye mereditj." Carolyn replied before hanging up the phone.

•••

Carolyn and her daughters arrived at Meredith and dereks new house and entered. "Meredith, Derek?" She called out.

"In the kitchen!" Derek yelled back. Carolyn and the 4 women smiled when they saw the two sitting at the table.

"Hi guys!" Meredith exclaimed, hugging each of the women. "How are you Mer?" Nancy asked with a concerned expression.

"Oh, I'm fine. Completely healed." She replied with a shrug. "Good. We were worried about you." Lizzie said, squeezing Merediths arm lightly.

Meredith flashed a small smile. "Well, we have some wedding planning to do." She said. Lizzie smirked. "Then lucky for you, mom brought her famous wedding binder."

Carolyn grabbed it out of her bag and put the heavy, large binder on the table and took a seat. "Okay, so we have 5 sections. Venue, reception, guests, bridesmaids/groomsmen, dresses/tuxedos." Carolyn explained.

"Wow. that's... a lot." Meredith breathed. "We'll get it done." Derek said, resting a hand on top of hers. "So, let's start with the venue first. I have a few areas I know of. Do you guys have any specific places?" She asked.

Derek looked at Meredith. "I think we talked about a beach wedding, right?" He asked. Meredith nodded. "Somewhere on a beach, but close. No traveling." She said, turning to Carolyn.

She nodded. "Perfect. This is Seaside Beach, just outside of Seattle." Carolyn said, pointing to a section in the binder and showing it to the couple.

"That's pretty." Meredith murmured. "It is." Derek agreed. "So, is that where you want the wedding?" Carolyn asked for confirmation. The two of them looked at each other before nodding.

"Okay. Don't worry about calling them, we will." Amelia said. "Now, we need the reception now." Carolyn said, all business. She took wedding planning for her babies very seriously.

"Reception can be at our house? Maybe behind, the backyard is really nice." Meredith suggested. "It is really nice. It's big too." Derek added. "It's your wedding, not ours." Nancy said with a smile.

"So reception at our house then." Derek smiled. Carolyn nodded and wrote everything down.

••••

After a lunch break, they resumed planning. "What about a best man for you Derek?" Lizzie asked. "Mark." He said easily.

"Really? After everything that...happened?" Carolyn asked with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah. We made up. And what he did...led me to Mer, and I'm thankful for that." Derek admitted.

Carolyn smiled and nodded, writing it down. "Now maid of honor for you, Mer." She said. Meredith pursed her lips together and thought.

"Cristina. Oh, and izzie as a bridesmaid." Mereditj decided. "Sounds good." Carolyn said. "Well, I have to get home to the kids." Kathleen said, standing up.

After that, everyone left one by one, leaving just Meredith and Derek. "That was a lot. Mom is very prepared." Meredith said with a sigh of relief.

"She is. She can be....overwhelming ag times, but I'm sure you know that." Derek said with a smile, standing up and taking her in his arms.

"One step closer to getting married." She whispered, resting her head in the crook Of his neck. "One step closer." Derek echoed.

•••

The rest of the day went by smoothly. The couple spent the day cuddling together in each other's arms, talking about the wedding and doing some small details about the wedding.

"What are we going to do for our honeymoon?" Meredith asked, muffled into his shirt. "We're gonna go to the Bahamas, and stay in bed all day." He whispered, kissing her neck.

"Stay in bed?" Meredith asked with a smile. "All day. No clothes. Nothing. Just you and me." Derek replied. "Sounds good to me." She answered, climbing on top of him and straddling his legs.

"What exactly are we going to do on our honeymoon?" She asked huskily, kissing him deeply. "Why don't I give you an example?" Derek replied against her lips.

Hey guys! Sorry for the semi short chapter, I just wanted to get this out. I hope you guys all enjoyed this chapter and hope your doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them, I really need them. Thank you all for reading :)