Chapter 20 ~ Ensemble

*~*Amelia's POV*~*

It had been two weeks; two weeks of - not very stressful - preparation. The stress was close to nonexistent because we had Aunt Alice at our side. She was a bit scary, sometimes I wanted to use my power to lock her somewhere remote but nonetheless, she was being impeccable. An average couple would simply exhaust themselves with what the arrangements had to offer.

I was evidently impressed with my Mother, her input wasn't really something I was used to but I didn't mind. Due to her genuinely being here, we were able to strengthen our 'mother and daughter' bond. She wasn't so adamant about me moving to Scotland anymore, she just wanted me to go for maybe a short trip with Max.

So we were going to do exactly that. After dedicating one more day in hopes to find the dress, which was today, we were going to pack our bags and leave for two weeks. Another two weeks that we hoped Aunt Alice was going to take care of everything else. If I was to be honest there wasn't going to be a lot to do. The guest list was limited, it was going to be a small gathering but knowing Aunt Alice with the addition of Ness the wedding couldn't be anything less than perfect.

"Do you have to go?" Max whined, his shirtless abdomen not really making my departure willing.

"Yes I do, I need a dress," I explained to him; though I had done several times over the last two weeks.

"I love you the way you are," he replied simply, getting up from his slouched position on my bed. He stretched, a bolt of desire surged through me. Only a couple weeks left till the wedding night, right?

I shook the irrational thought from my mind. I knew that if I preceded this train of thought I probably wouldn't leave this place innocence intact.

But how would that be when Max made that vow? He wanted to do everything the right way, in the right order.

"I know," I responded, we had this conversation before. "You would love to take me Vegas in my nighties."

He smirked in response; it was pretty obvious what he was thinking. "Maybe something less revealing, we don't want the priest to forget his vows."

"Vegas is so Mum and Dad - Bella and Edward - but the motorbike would make a nice escort," I informed but gave a cheeky grin.

I walked up to Max, dismissing the fact that he was semi naked and wrapped my arms around his muscular torso. I relaxed my head on his chest, right where I knew his heart was beating. Max completed the moment by wrapping his arms around me instantly and setting his chin on the top of my head.

We exchanged no words, simply savored the moment. I counted the beats of his hammering heart, my own pulse syncing with his.

It was at least 256 beats later when the silent was broken. Max dragged out a breath and swayed us slightly.

"I want to do everything right," he said. I removed my cheek from his chest and placed my chin there so I could look up to him.

"I know you do," I whispered back.

"I know, but you're so damn perfect I wish you were mine already."

"I am yours. I'm all yours. No one else's. Nothing could change that, not now. Not ever," I vowed. My green eyes concentrated on his hazel ones. Little gold flecks smothering against the hazel but also making scorching effect. It looked like a fire, an everlasting fire, something that couldn't be easily extinguished. Something I didn't want extinguished.

I just loved his eyes.

He broke the intensity between our eyes and pressed his gentle lips to mine. I savored the moment of our lips locking before breaking apart.