Chapter 31 ~ Complications

*~* Max's POV *~*

Something within me broke as I saw Amelia peer from underneath her long eyelashes with her mouth curved into a small, sad yet wholehearted smile. One of her hands rested on her growing stomach, the other was clutching a cup as if it was her life line. How could she still love me when I'm killing her?

I sat beside her in the quiet room, resting my hand on top of hers, the hum of the twin's hearts still in synchronization with one another. I felt a slight movement under my palm, according to Grandpa the babies would soon be fighting for space causing immense pain for Amelia and there was nothing that we could do to stop that. We would just have to deliver the children when they have been developed enough.

Amelia made a satisfied sound at the back of her throat after finishing yet another cup of blood, so I could only reach out and give her another one before the children started to complain.

"Don't look like that Max," Amelia scolded me, her voice at faint as the flutter of a butterflies wings.

"Look like what?"

"Like you're going to kill yourself," Amelia alerted.

"I'm just... what if you don't make it Amelia? You know I can't live without you."

"Well before you blame yourself, it's both of our faults, okay? And who said I'm going anywhere? C'mon we are married, we are one now. Now stop beating yourself up, call Ness or Aubrey. I need to go to the comfort room."

I nodded and got up from the loveseat and left the room in search of one of the girls. I found Ness first, and told her. She quickly left and attended to my wife.

I approached Grandpa.

"What are her chances?" I asked him. He was calm, as usual and I wasn't sure if I should be worried.

"Well from my predictions she should be okay, as long as she is attended too. And Max, I know you are worrying but think about Amelia, she's stressed already so give her support that she can live through this," He said serenely. I nodded his cool voice giving me some assurance. "Speaking of Amelia it is now time for one of her check-ups."

"Well she's just gone to the comfort room..."

Despite that Grandpa left so I followed him, hot on his heels. Amelia's little clinical room formerly known as the family room had medical equipment all around the place, luckily nothing had been hooked up to Amelia yet.

Otherwise the room was empty, Ness and Jacob stayed home with Amelia, Grandpa and I. They had all decided to either hunt or to go shopping in hopes of lifting Amelia's mood. We had made a hasty decision to change Amelia's room into the children's room and my room was changing into mine and Amelia's room. This sent Grandma out to find everything she needed for renovating.

I sat back on the loveseat; Grandpa was prodding some of his equipment. It was only a couple minutes later Amelia returned holding onto Ness for support which Ness gladly bestowed. You could easily detect movement in Amelia's growing stomach, especially when she clenched her fists. I gripped Amelia off Ness; however the both of us settled her on the sofa. Ness crouched down by Amelia's feet.

"How are you feeling Amelia? Feeling any pain?" Grandpa asked his back still turned.

"Is that a trick question?" Amelia asked lightly, evidently trying to lighten the situation. But it didn't hide that fact she was feeling pain.

Grandpa turned around. "Still lower abdominal pain? Or has it spread?" He asked.

"I feel like they are wrestling with each other, my back is starting to murder me," Amelia replied honestly.

"I see. Have you felt anymore cracks?"

"Not really, but the bruising is definitely spreading."

"How could you speak so calmly when you are in pain?" Ness questioned her curiously. Amelia shrugged but cringed at the movement, before stretching out her back in hopes that the pain would cease.

"Because after the hours of enduring it, I'm become used to it," Amelia answered simply. I frowned, not at all liking what I was hearing.

Why couldn't we just be safe?

"Or is what you are mean to say is that the pain isn't enough to affect your voice?" I suggested.

"Or that," Amelia approved.

"Okay Amelia, I will have to measure your stomach again, it was yesterday since I had," Grandpa said. Amelia nodded and held my hand absently, Grandpa moved over with his tape measure in hand. He crouched in front of Amelia, beside Ness and measured Amelia's stomach delicately, whilst taking a mental note of the change.

"The growth is starting to slow."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It means that the delivery would be soon," he explained. I inwardly cringed, not sure how to feel or what to say but knnowing I did want to meet my own children. I just hope it doesn't cost Amelia's life.

"It's been 21 days Grandpa? Mom was pregnant with me for two weeks longer..." Ness pondered.

"Amelia is part vampire as well as being part human. The development will take less time and also because there's hybrid twins they'd be fighting for space as soon as they are developed enough," Grandpa explained.

"But they'll be okay, right?" Amelia's questioned.

"Of course, as long as the delivery runs smoothly everything should be fine. You don't need to worry about the children Amelia. Just sorry about yourself." Amelia nodded, a smile widening on her pale lips. Her hand s

lightly squeezing mine.

Before anyone could speak the front door opened indicating the arrival of someone, well people. And it wasn't very hard to distinguish who they were.

"Amelia, Amelia, Amelia, Amelia!" Aubrey, Eva and Aunt Alice chanted in unison as they entered the room their mates trailing behind. "Look what we have!"

Amelia smiled at the girls, straightening up slightly but cringed, she retired to the previous, comfortable position. "Hey guys, how was the shopping trip?"

"Horrible," Landon, Gabriel and Uncle Jasper whispered in sync. The girls gave them each a look causing them to smile innocently.

"It was amazing!" Aunt Alice cheered giddily.

"You're going to love everything we have got you!" Eva gushed.

"I just hope that we get the best of both worlds because I want us to keep everything," Aubrey proclaimed causing Amelia to roll her eyes.

"Gee thanks," Amelia's replied. "So what did you guys buy?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys, short chapter I know. But iI wasn't sure what else to add... there are four chapters left after this...

I don't have nothing to say at all, which sucks because I love writing authors notes for you guys.

Do you guys ever get that feeling that you are so fucking pissed off that you guys want to smash everything in sight to pieces and swear like there's no tomorrow? I'm curious.

NEXT UPLOAD: Hopefully Monday ;) I have holidays at the moment :D

Comment what you think will happened at the end of this story or cheesecake. Whichever you prefer :)

I love you guys, always remember that :)

Ciao, Ami xD