Chapter 25 ~ Homecoming

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS AT THE END! PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE!

Chapter 25 ~ Homecoming

*~* Max's POV *~*

I probably did sleep with a smile on my face because as I groggily opened my eyes it sat comfortably on my lips. The smile widening when I felt Amelia next to me. Her bare, soft skin in contact to mine making me feel more or less on cloud nine with no regrets at all.

"Maxie?" Amelia whispered, shifting her head slightly so she could look at my face.

"Yes Amelia?" I replied, speaking at the same volume as she. She paused momentarily, making the thought of her regretting last night potent in my mind.

"I love you," she said, a smile gracing her lips, assuring me but the thought still lingered.

"I love you too," I answered, moving my head forward so I could kiss her nose tenderly.

"I don't regret last night if that's what you're thinking. Best night ever, you're just going to have to make the wedding night better," she informed me, lightening up what she had spoken with a little tease at the end.

"I bet I could pull out a few more surprises," I enlightened, causing a little giggle to escape her.

"I'm sure you will," she agreed, winking at me. We just then lay in silence, it was probably one of the best things of being with your lover; you could spend an endless amount of time with them in silence and still be completely at contentment. I concentrated on Amelia's eyelashes, they were long and perfectly straight, shading her brilliant green eyes, which looked under the lashes and directly towards me.

Amelia seemed to notice something, she rolled over so she was on her stomach and used her thin arms to anchor herself up before sitting cross legged in front if me. The duvet and her long hair still covered her nudity, but it wasn't like anything I hadn't seen before or not committed to memory.

She lifted her hand and brought it slowly towards my face, her nimble fingers brushing across my cheek before picking something up. With her other hand she lifted up one of mine to place whatever it was in the palm gently. As she brought it to view I saw an eyelash, smiling softly, "Make a wish," she encouraged.

"Why do I have to make a wish when I have everything I've ever wanted?" I countered. Amelia shrugged, not at all having a reason for her actions, just doing so anyway.

"That doesn't matter, just make a wish, do it on my behalf if you want."

I didn't want to wish for 'I wish nothing ever happened to us' because last time after I made that wish on that shooting star it was only weeks from when I tore Amelia in ways I still hate myself for. I didn't want to jinx anything, not again.

'I wish that even if we do apart we'll find each other again, it may take time but it would happen.'

I closed my eyes as I thought this, letting the wish swirl around my mind before blowing the eyelash out of my palm. I wasn't really sure to where it fell but it didn't bother me, instead I opened to eyes to look at Amelia's curious ones.

"Happy?"

"Yes," Amelia assured, a soft smile still playing on her lips. I leaned forward, to capture them with mine, Amelia immediately responding as if she was waiting to be kissed. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I pulled her closer, running my hands over her. Her bare skin causing mine on fire.

Until Amelia broke apart, she had an mischievous glint in her eye before she was off the bed at a rate that boggled the mind, only wearing my boxers that she swiftly put on. She leaned against the ensuite door; smirking. It wasn't fair that already she was sexy, beautiful and damn amazing because the way she posed just seemed to be mocking me.

"Well I'm going to have a shower, I'll keep the door open just in case you want me," she purred, the smirk not leaving her irresistible lips before turning around, opening the door and walking in. She left my sight but before I did hear the shower run, Amelia threw the boxers at my face, it slid down to my lap.

Every muscle in was urging me to follow after her, so I got up and slipped the boxers on. Them looking ten times better on Amelia then they ever look