(FINAL CHAPTER) Chapter 35 ~ Vale

I can't believe I've reached the end.... :'(

(Final Chapter) Chapter 35 ~ Vale

*~* Amelia's POV *~*

I inhaled, the amateur movement causing my lungs to wheeze harshly. My eyes wandered, everything was dark or maybe I was coming blind. Max's hand was in mine, I felt his tear drop on my arm, our children wailing distantly in the background.

I let my eyes droop, a wetness meeting my lashes before trickling down. "Don't you dare close your eyes Amelia," Max pleaded, his voice breaking my poorly functioning heart, I wasn't even sure if it was beating anymore.

I opened my eyes fractionally, meeting Max's glassy ones, my lips tipping up slightly. Mustering all my strength I lifted my hand to cup his cheek, using my thumb to wipe away a tear. He looked tortured, but I knew that he was scared more than anything. Completely terrified that I wouldn't survive, and if I was being honest I held the same fear.

"Promise me," I whispered.

Max shook his head. "No." I blinked, more tears of blood escaping my eyes. I winced, the hydrochloric acid in my stomach churning before mutating into venom, I cried out as it burned my insides. All the protection my body obtained collapsed.

"Max..." I breathed.

"No Amelia, you are not saying goodbye. I will not let you. You can live through this. You can't leave me Amelia... I love you so much." Max's voice cracked at the end, broken sobs filling his lungs. "You can't die. Think about the family, our children, me."

I wasn't sure if tears were falling or if it was still blood. They just fell uncontrollably, my lungs wheezed again. I let out a painful cough.

"How is she coping?" A new voice asked, it took me longer than it should for me to register it was Grandpa.

"Not good, she's trying to say her goodbyes," Max informed.

"Well instead of blood leaving her eyes, water is coming. I take that as a good sign, however I wouldn't want to speak so soon."

"So have you figured out what's going on?"

"Amelia has been bitten in the uterus, since she was born with human traits she will always be part human. So the venom of the bite, caused an disproportion of blood to venom."

"What does that mean?" Max asked anxiously.

"From the blood sample I've taken, the venom has caused the body's immune system to go against itself. The venom has control over the white blood cells with signals to kill herself."

There was silence. "She can survive, can't she?" Max whispered.

"That's what I am afraid of, I don't know. The venom has such a hold of her body all I can - we can do if provide her with oxygen and blood."

"No... no! She must survive, isn't there anything else we can do? Put her to sleep again? Try and suck the venom out of her?"

"Even if you did try to suck the venom out you are more likely to suck her dry."

"So that's it then? All we could do is watch her die?"

*~* Max's POV *~*

There was silence once more, Amelia removed her hand off my face, letting in rest on my heart momentarily before dropping it. I looked at her blood stained face, the green of her irises slowly emerging.

"I'm sorry Max," she whispered, her voice discouraging and broken. "You'll be okay."

"I'd die if you weren't with me Amelia. I wouldn't be able to function properly without you, you're not just a limb or organ of mine, you are my life. You can't leave me."

"I don't want to leave you," she said. She winced again, her hand tightened on mine, her heart faltered slightly as she cried a mixture of blood and tears. "I love you Max. I'm sorry I've caused you so much pain."

"Amelia, you can't do this."

"Promise me you'll look after the children, tell them that I love them and I'm sorry. And give them this when they are 17, and I mean after 17 years," she said her alluring voice, which slowly grew confident as she spoke. She looked down to the little drawers beside the bed. I picked up two envelopes, one addressed to Elijah and the other Mackenzie. "You can't read them, unless they want you too."

"So what do I get then?" I asked. Amelia grimaced, I supposed she wanted to smile.

"Kiss me," she said. I leaned forward slowly without being told kiss, letting our lips linger a hairbreadth apart before I carefully kissed her. Her soft, slightly bloody lips still felt sensational to mine, if not it felt better than ever before.

I broke away, realizing that Amelia needed oxygen, but her eyes closed, her breathing stopped and her heart didn't beat.

I leant in again to kiss her, but there was no reaction so I kissed every inch of her face.

Still no reaction.

Something within me broke, I couldn't really say it was my heart because that was already broken. I ignored the thoughts that splintered my brain, banishing them so I could focus on one thing.

A teardrop fell from my eyes on to Amelia's cheek, I hoped that the tear would cure Amelia in some way but it reflected how broken I was, how I wasn't going to have a forever anymore.

But the fact is forever is happening right now, Amelia, you are my forever, I will love you til death does us part... As long as we both shall live.

*~*~*~*~*

EPILOGUE WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW HOPEFULLY!!!!

DON'T KILL ME....

Please don't hate me... yes this is the second time I've done this but I promise you that the ending of Midlight would be a happy ending. I mean it's pretty weird how I actually thought this up... I texted Ali as a joke and said, (as a joke) "I'm killing Amelia!" Or something along those lines and then she freaked out and then I told her I actually wasn't and then she'd said do it and you could write a third book! And so and so could happen... so yeah, so what do you guys prefer a third book with a guaranteed happy ending and you get to know Mackenzie and Elijah or just me ending this book as it is? I would've just ended it last chapter, but just made it more last chaptery. Where's the fun in that? And I don't want to stop writing about all these characters now!!

Oh and if you guys haven't guessed, the third book is called Midlight, I shall post the epilogue tomorrow and the prologue of that tomorrow alongside other stories I want to write and another chapter of Falling *Ouch* For You, it's been a while.

Now I'm going to rip the band aid right off, no embellishment time.

The first chapter of Midlight will be posted in the first week of September.

Please let that sink in. And before I get heaps of hate which hopefully I won't, I just want a break. I'm not finished with this story, I just want to sit in someone else's head for a while - ever since I've started writing on wattpad, apart from breaks, the Apocalypse series is literally all what I have focused on - and regardless I finish the other stories or not, the first chapter of Midlight should be posted September 1st - 7th. Please carry on supporting me guys, I wouldn't have come this far without you guys. You fans are the awesomest, amazingest, incrediblest fans in the world of fans. Thank-you :''D

I can believe I've finished my third story, within two years, that's just bloody awesome :)

Anyways CHEESECAKE, CHWIZ, CHEESE, CUPCAKE, COOKIE, WHATEVER YOU FANCY, comment it. Remember if you ever feel down remember cheesecake, or just PM me :)

Ciao, lots of love Ami xD :) ;) :P :D

P. S. I love you guys, and I got a couple friends to read the ending, they called me cruel....