Chapter 33 ~ Rejoice

*~* Amelia's POV *~*

My eyes closed. There was a heaviness pushing down at me to a point I couldn't breathe. Or I felt so. The pain that my insides absorbed was enough to kill me in seconds but I had to fight, I couldn't leave now.

So I fought and I won.

As my thoughts cut off, I drifted and I dreamed. Max was there, smiling brightly as he saw me enter. Looking the same with his messy hair and entrancing eyes. However in his eyes I saw more than just love; I saw pride and pure bliss. He broke eye contact and looked down, cradled in his arms were the twins. One was wrapped up in a blue blanket and the other, pink.

A smiled, irrationally water started to well in my eyes at the innocent picture. I wanted everything to freeze, to keep it like that for disregarding the fact that I too belonged in that picture. So I just watched.

Max soon looked up again, instantly catching my gaze. Using his eyes to communicate with me to join them. I wanted to refrain so, not at all wanting the perfection to be lost but a little soft, soprano voice spoke making my heart melt in my chest.

"Mm - momma..." she said. I strolled towards the trio, looking at the faces of my children. The happy tears in my eyes threatening to fall. I looked at the girl first, her eyes wide open with a sense of mischief in them. Her eyes were identical to Max's, just how I had wanted but her short, wavy hair was dark like mine. I just stared at her, wondering if there was anything more beautiful in the world.

Then there was a little cry, not from the baby girl, but from the baby boy who was pleading for attention. I averted my gaze, my eyes matching a duplicate pair. His lips curved into an adorable, boyish smile automatically reminding me of Max and his hair was dirty blonde too.

I looked up at Max, a tear slowly cascading down my face. "They are beautiful."

"Not nearly enough as you," Max replied. I could tell he wanted to wipe away the tear that was trickling down my jaw line but he couldn't since his hands were full.

The little girl touched me instead, her hand just brushing my elbow when everything around me disappear, like fine mist when the wind blows.

I woke up to my authentic surroundings. My eyes fluttered at first, not at all accustomed to the light but after a few seconds I was free to gaze around. And there I saw, a similar picture than before. Max cradling our children in his chest adoringly. The girl's petite hand had brushed my arm like I had previously recalled, her eyes opening slowly.

It irked me slightly that she was the splitting image of what I had dreamed, so I turned towards the boy, he too slowly opening his eyes and looking exactly the same.

Mother's intuition?

"Mackenzie here has the power to manipulate your dreams, so that she can part take in them and take people with her," Edward said, I looked over to him and apprehended that the whole family was sitting silently as if they were all waiting for my restoration to be over.

"That's a cool power," I mumbled mindlessly, words feeling incredibly foreign in my mouth.

"She speaks! Let's rejoice!" Emmett cheered happily. I just stared at him, overall not knowing what to say or do.

"Amelia needs space guys. And she needs to have some alone time with her new arrivals. Amelia they are awesome," Aubrey spoke. I smiled, loving the fact she was still here.

I wanted to say something to her - anything - but speech wasn't my best friend at the moment. She ushered everyone out, I noted that Jacob was looking uncharacteristically annoyed at something and he smelt different. Like a vampire?