Chapter 22 ~ Carousal

*~*Amelia's POV*~*

"Wake up Maxie," I said whilst using my index finger to poke his cheek. He grumbled something illegible before grabbing me like a Teddy bear into his lean, muscular chest.

As much as I loved being cradled here like this, I needed him awake. I untangled myself from him and threw the duvet he had covering him on my bedroom floor.

The movement didn't earn me any response, instead Max just tried to grab me once again.

"Maxie wake up... please! You are so lazy!" I whined, kneeling aside his nude abdomen.

"Lemme sleep," he mumbled. I sighed, knowing that if I sat on him he would use the movement in his favour.

I got off the bed, picking up the blanket from the ground so I could gently lay it on Max before turning to head to my mini ensuite. I washed my face and straighten the clothes I was wearing before coming out, still facing a sleeping Max.

I left the room in search of something to do, before I peeked into Damien's room, it being very close to mine; seeing he was in there reading a book.

I let myself in, and sat comfortably on his bed. The room looked the same as it did at least two months ago, but what could happen in that time?

"What are you reading?" I asked him.

"How to kill a mockingbird," he answered, his eyes not flickering from the page, instead he turned it over to read the following.

"Still into classics, I see. Is it any good?" I asked, the easy conversation between us incredibly comfortable, just like old times.

"There's not too much that could change in two months Amelia. However, you are happier. Much happier than before," he said, finally moving his eyes from almost finished book.

"I have Max, and all of my family and friends happy too. Life can't really get much better can it?"

"Well you are getting married," he reminded.

"Ah yes, I stand corrected. You are alright with it aren't you?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" He questioned, arching an eyebrow.

"You don't think it's too soon right?"

"Nope. I think that if you think that it's time that you and Max should get married, go for it. There's not really anything else to it. It shouldn't really matter what I think either."

I shook my head at the last statement. "To me it does. I don't want anyone to think that we're rushing into anything. You're my older brother, of course what you think matters," I informed him.

He smiled, liking that even though I didn't say it directly I told him that he was important to me.

"Aren't you tired?" He asked. I shook my head feeling nothingless than wide awake.

"But you just went into your room with Max to sleep under 20 minutes ago."

"I had a power nap. Max didn't he's still sleeping not at all getting up from the bed. He won't wake up," I told.

"Why do you even want to wake him up in the first place - wait, you sleep in the same bed already? What happened to the whole sex after marriage thing?"

My cheeks immediately coloured red, the eye contact I had with my brother long gone and my heart pounding in my chest.

Was he really asking this?

"Damien, are you really asking this?" I questioned, looking down at the plain light blue bed sheet.

I felt him arch his elbow and cross his arms over his chest, "Don't tell me you're not a - "