Chapter 6- Changes

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 6- Changes

*~* Amelia's POV *~*

"Are you single?" Gabriel asked me. He had been bugging me lately. Lately as in for the past 2 days. Apparently I was just his type. Which was annoying, he was really was getting under my skin.

"No." was my response. He gave a confused glance but then smiled.

"Well... I'm free friday so you, me movies 8 o'clock. Whatcha think?" He asked then stood in front of me looking me in the eye.

What was this guy's problem?

"I'm busy." I lied smoothly. He furrowed his eyebrow and I skirted past him.

"Doing what?" He questioned and started to walk beside me. I wanted to kick this guy into the next century so I didn't have to deal with him for the next 100 years. But even with the strength I had I wasn't able to do that.

Unless...

"Stuff." I replied simply.

"Stuff could wait... I'm talking about you and I." He smoothly said.

Argh! Couldn't he take the freaking hint? I then stopped in fornt of him and gave him a deadly glare. He flinched.

"You listen Gabriel. I am not interested in you, nor would I ever would be, so back off or I will make you regret messing with me. You don't know what I have dealt with in my life and I have no time for a relationship. Especially with you. I have just left the love of my existence soI don't date and currently not with someone but that doesn't mean I'm single. You wouldn't understand and I wouldn't try to explain to a obnoxious, rude, self absorbed moron like you. I advise you to stay away from me unless you want me to rearrange that pretty little body of your's." I threatened, my voice was like splintering ice. I hadn't noticed but wet moisture had started to build up in my eyes, I felt sobs threatening to take over. My constant aching heart clenched in the thought of Max.

Why did I have to leave him?

Gabriel stood speechless in front of me, before he could muster whatever he had within him to speak I stalked off to the nearest comfort room. Tears started to uncontrollably cascade down my cheeks I hastily wiped them away ignoring the looks I was getting by other pupils as I walked down the corridors.

Fortunately the comfort room was empty. I looked at my torn face in the mirror with more sobs threatening to take other. I buried my face in my hands in attempt to stop crying.

But I couldn't.

My memories of Max entered my mind. From the day I first saw him to my last memory of him crying. I heard the door swing open, it wasn't a human though, it was Aubrey. I wanted to stop the tears so badly but couldn't I had been for too long.

I felt Aubrey wrap an arm around my shoulders urging me to calm down, instead the opposite happened. A cry erupted from the back of my throat.

Aubrey then pulled me into a hug and then was trying to soothe me. I promised myself I was going to stop crying, but how could I?

I left him, it's nearly been a year. How long would it have to be til I see him again? I don't know what I'm waiting for but I just can't leave.

I cried for a while, I don't know how long for but I did soon break away.

"I'm so sorry Aubrey." I apologised pathetically and then hastily wiped my eyes. She gave me a sympathic look and then offered me a tissue.

"What's wrong Amelia? I heard your little outburst to Gabe but that couldn't be it could it?" She asked. I shook my head. Should I tell her about Max? If I did then would she just sympathise me?