Chapter 5- Beginning

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 5- Beginning

*~* Max's POV *~*

*Max's birthday (1st of September)*

I looked at the pile of presents I had received today. I was grateful for them, yes but it just didn't feel the same. I had only had Amelia for a few months but it felt much longer then that.

I was right last year was then best birthday of my life. Mostly because Amelia was there. She made everything perfect. I guess you just can't buy happiness.

I wonder what she is doing now. Has she moved on? I hated the fact that I wouldn't be able to know if she had. All I wanted to do is rip the head off every guy that looked at her. But obviously I couldn't.

The only thing I had to contact her with was our telepathic link but I just couldn't bear the fact that I couldn't see her or what if when doesn't reply?

"Come on Max it's your birthday! Lighten up!" My Dad said as he entered my room.

Great, just great.

"I don't like birthdays." Was my response. My dad sat beside me with a hand on my shoulder and a goofy smile on his face.

At least he can enjoy himself I thought bitterly.

"So what does that matter? I do. We should have a party, a big party it would be your best birthday ever!" He said excitedly.

"It can't be my 'best birthday ever' I don't have Amelia." I replied glumly. The smile on his face faltered and he then became serious.

"Live a little Max. Amelia wouldn't want you to mop around. Especially on your birthday, she'll want you to have the best birthday ever. Why don't you have a great time for her?" He suggested. It was times like these I really appreciated having my dad. He made sense and wasn't talking all crap.

I thought about what he had said. It was true, she would want me to have a great time. Especially today.

"Fine, fine." I mumbled after a while. His smile reappeared on his face.

"Shall I tell you what she would also like?"

"What?" I asked curiously.

"She would like..." he trailed slyly. I gave him a look.

What he is think she would like?

"What?" I snapped impatiently.

"Okay, okay jeez! Patience would be nice. Okay so what she would like is for you to give her some finger magic." He said slyly. I thought for a moment.

What does he mean by...

My cheeks instantly turned crimson as I had realised what he had meant.

"Dad!" I shouted awkwardly. Only he could ruin the moment like that. I feel sorry for uncle Edward, he can see what is in his mind. My dad just laughed at me.

"You still blush. Amelia would definitely like that too. You know, I miss her too. Not like you do. I miss teasing her and you and surprisingly miss having my mouth shut by her." He spoke. The red from my cheeks had died away.