Chapter 23 ~ Sync

Chapter 23 ~ Sync

*~* Max's POV *~*

"So why are we here?" I asked, hoping that someone would reply.

"You guys are going to have the first dance on the wedding and it has to be special for you guys," Aubrey replied fleetingly, as we walked though the plainly decorated corridors of a dance studio.

"But Aubrey we already know how do dance, we don't need dance lessons," Amelia interjected, her hand leaving mine so she could wrap it around my waist, only so I could do the same for her.

"You two would be amateur dancers. Plus, one lesson isn't going to kill you is it?" Aubrey replied, giving us a brief glance.

It had been more than a few days since we had been here, in Scotland. And today it was Aubrey's genius idea to drag everyone to a dance class. Though I can't complain, when would I ever say no to Amelia being in my arms?

"We didn't claim that we didn't want to be here. Simply, stating why we shouldn't," I pointed out, at this point we just entered a studio. The mirror with band, wooden floor was a dead give away. In the room there were 2 women and a man waiting, smiling amiably.

"Hello, you are the two o'clock group aren't you?" The older redhead asked, her strong Scottish accent sounding completely foreign to my ears.

"Yes that is correct," Aubrey replied her voice sounding nothing less than professional.

"Splendid. I am Allison, this is Alan and Christie who would be assisting me today. May I be presented with the bride and groom to be?" She said, first gesturing to the two people accompanying her.

"We're here, our names are Max and Amelia," Amelia spoke, this time letting go of my waist to grab my hand and to tug me over to the front.

Allison smiled warmly, opening her mouth to say, "You two are a lovely, cute couple and very young as well."

If only you knew how old we really were I thought.

"We get that a lot, but we've been together for such a long time it feels like forever," Amelia replied smiling.

"Oh lovely, well for now do you mind if I separate you two up? Christie will start off with you Max and Alan will start with Amelia. Is that okay?" I was pretty reluctant to Allison's order. Not wanting any other male apart from family and friends to touch her.

"Ur... okay, yeah that would be okay. I guess..." Amelia trailed awkwardly. After what seemed a long couple seconds I let go of Amelia and sauntered over to the younger girl and Amelia the guy.

Who, now couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her making me immediately tense.

I took a deep breath, attempting to ditch the urge to smash his skull. Amelia gave a smile, using the telepathic link we had to start soothing me.

"Okay, so you are doing the traditional waltz aren't you?" Allison asked.

"That is correct."

Allison nodded at my agreement and looked other to everyone else. "If you would like to take a seat to observe you may. You will be required shortly."

They nodded, perching themselves to the side of the room where there was long leather couch.

"Okay, so please enter the embrace. That is, males hold the waist and one hand ans females hold the shoulder and hand," Allison ordered, I did so. Christie's hand feeling awfully small in mine and cold making me instantly yearn for Amelia's touch. Amelia was looking at the guy but avoiding eye contact, her eyes averted to me her lips forming a little smile.