Chapter 27 ~ Matrimony

*~*Amelia's POV*~*

I inhaled deeply before I rolled to my side, in desperate need of curling into Max however it didn't happen because Max wasn't there. I was alone, well if being alone doesn't include being the host of a growing embryo.

I cringed slightly, not at all sure about the feelings developing or what I should feel. But I didn't have enough time to ponder because last night was cut short to a quick pamper session after completely freaking out but before I was ordered to bed by more than three people.

And now, my mother walked in. She wasn't one to let all my difficulties to disappear, just enough to banish the tortuous thoughts.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" She asked me, making her way to sit on the crinkled bed spread beside me.

"I feel... okay," I told her, hesitance clear in my strained voice, my right hand making its way to rest on my stomach almost out of habit.

"He's not here at the moment, I was told whoever needed to sleep rested at a hotel not too far away," She informed me, I wasn't sure how she knew I wanted to know, but I wasn't complaining. It must just be mother's intuition.

"Okay, okay. Well, I guess I just surrender myself to Aubrey, Ness and Aunt Alice to doll me up?"

"Well technically, but you are okay aren't you? You don't need to worry at all about anything, not today. It's your wedding day! It should be the happiest day of your life and we are all here to make it special for both you and Max," Mother said, I stayed silent. It wasn't a tense silence, there was no trace or discomfort in the air. It was soothing, it made me relax more. "Mind you, your father and I aren't even married."

Gosh, the awkward moment when you get married before your parents.

"I'm okay, and yes today should be the happiest day of my life. I'm going to get married to my perfect little Maxie and that's all that matters. I will deal with everything else, either during or after the honeymoon." The words made it sound like I was better, if only I was. If only. Though I wasn't ready to share my troubles with anyone at the moment, I needed to worry about something I was looking forward to. The wedding. I suppose most brides get anxious on the morning of their wedding knowing that they were at night going to be a different woman, as in name wise. If they change their name that is. Nonetheless, I was happy to be getting married that going to Vegas seemed to become more of an inviting offer as every second passed. Though what would take longer? Escaping with Max, and driving to Vegas with Aubrey, Ness and Aunt Alice hot on our heels or allowing myself to be in their possession possibly in my 'happy' place as I was treated as a life size Barbie doll?

I definitely knew which one I would rather go for, however it not ever being an option in the first place made me get off the bed. My Mother watched me carefully, her semi red, semi golden eyes taking every move I did until I entered my ensuite. I looked it the mirror, my hair was a birds nest and my face looked a little pale but it was an improvement. I did what I had to do before I showered. I didn't dare let my eyes linger too long on my stomach, or think what was growing inside but that didn't stop me before I paused, letting the hot water cascade down my body. My hands running up and down my lower abdomen. I smiled, I knew I was beginning to like the idea of a little Max growing inside of me the more I thought about it. I wanted he/she to at least have his eyes. Max might be simply entranced by my green orbs but it was nothing compared to his eyes.

I switched off the shower, my enhanced hearing informed me that if I didn't come out soon they were coming in. I grabbed a towel and quickly dried myself, I wrapped it around my body and entered my bedroom. My Mother was no longer sitting on my bed, instead the room was empty. I entered my closet, putting on the lingerie that Aubrey had ordered - with Aunt Alice's consent - on with the dark blue garter.