Chapter 2- Melancholy

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 2- Melancholy

*~* Rosalie's POV *~*

A week passed and the anxiety grew. Max hadn't left Amelia's room ever since he set foot into there. He barely ate or drank anything and just mostly stayed silent or in a mood. He barely slept too because he would dream of Amelia and wake up crying. We always made sure he had company after the first time he tried to escape. He felt like a prisoner but he refused to do anything else.

"Max you need to hunt." I said to him sternly. Jasper had told me that he had become incredibly thirsty but managed- somehow to push the feeling away.

He needed to hunt before he wanted to drink Cyan's blood. Which wouldn't be appetizing. According to Edward too he hadn't hunted for 3 weeks so the thirst soon would become out of control.

"I don't want to." He whined.

"Max I know you want to and you need to. I'll drag you if I have to." I said.

"You wouldn't." He stated. He didn't sound very sure.

"You know I will Max."

"I'll run away." He threatened. I knew there was no chance of that happening but it wasn't something a mother wanted to hear.

"No chance. Your Dad and Uncle Edward is coming. So even if the idea crosses your mind we'll be able time stop you." He began to get angry and he started to cry. It was hard for him, he wanted Amelia more then anything. It was affecting him more then we thought.

I brought him into my arms and tried to calm him down. He was first fighting with me but gave up.

"Why did she have to go?" He asked shakily. I knew the reason but it was her wish that he wouldn't find out.

"I don't know Max." I lied smoothly. It felt bad lying but it had to be done.

"I'm not going to see her again am I?" He asked. It sounded more like a statement then anything else.

"I don't know Max, maybe hopefully." I assured. He then looked up at me with a determined expression.

"I will. One day I will have her again. She is mine- no one else's. If anyone touches her or takes her away from me I'll end their life. I will have her." He vowed solemnly. I have never seen him more serious in his life, but worried at the measures he wanted to take.

"Okay Maxie. You will, and when you do bring her home." I inputed. His expression softened slightly and then hardened again.

"Don't call me Maxie." He said.

"Okay Max I won't. Now back to hunting. You have to go."

"I don't want to... I want to stay here." He murmured.

"Max."

"Fine." He replied glumly. He removed himself from my embrace and stood up. He stretched and looked longingly at the pictures of Amelia which were on the wall.