Chapter 28 ~ Auspicious

*~*Amelia's POV*~*

Max held my hand as he drove the Aston Martin which I was beginning to think was significant for weddings. He had not once spoken about the location of the honeymoon but at this moment I couldn't find myself to care.

I tried to distract my mind but just looking at the perfect way Max's lips curved into a contented smile, or the way his intent golden eyes stared out into the horizon glancing at me everyone couple seconds.

"Are you okay?" Max asked. I nodded, diverting my gaze from him to the dim daylight.

"Yeah I'm okay."

"No you're not," he pointed out. I looked back at him, our eyes meeting.

"I'm just a little tired Max, don't worry about me," I assured him. I wasn't lying, I was planning on spending the aeroplane ride to whether we're going by sleeping, so when we reach wherever we have to go I won't be tired.

"Yes I do need to worry about you. You're the only think I need to worry about."

Not anymore. I didn't say this aloud, I didn't know how I would tell Max. I didn't know how to simply tell him I was carrying his child. How can I when he had just proclaimed not just in front of me but in front of the girls, Seth and his parents that he didn't want me pregnant? Those words knocked all the air out of me, destroying every hope I had that Max wouldn't mind.

But then again what was I thinking? I wasn't human, and I wasn't pregnant with a completely human baby. My life was at risk.

"If you're tired, why don't you sleep a little now? There's an hour drive until we reach the airport," Max offered. I examined him from the corner of my eyes.

"Well if I sleep in the plane then I have my cuddly bear to cuddle up to, so I can wait though if I do drift off... don't be surprised."

*

It didn't take that long until we reached the airport, and as expected I did drift off. I was nudged by a patient, soft smiling Max at the arrival. We collected our luggage - we being mainly Max - and soon departed to go on the plane after security checks. Everyone seemed to notice that we were newly weds, they sent smiles our way which we would return appreciably.

The air hostess that ushered us to our spacious first class seats offered a happy honeymoon before leaving us to ourselves. I smiled at Max widely, not at all feeling tired though if I knew myself enough I would sleep anyway. But nonetheless I felt more like myself, I was to forget about telling Max until tomorrow and just enjoy this night. I couldn't help but fear that it one that wouldn't be repeated for a while.

"So where are we going?" I questioned Max curiously, as we waited for the plane to leave the ground.

"I was wondering when you were going to get there, it took you longer than I thought," he mused, a cheeky smile on his lips. I removed my hand from my lap and placed it on his neck, I caressed the area were I knew the vein was receiving ferociously pumping blood.

"I was tired and you haven't answered the question yet. Where are we going?"

I knew I had distracted him; we really had controlled our hormones this week, to the extent we slept in our own rooms for once, of was of course another to make us anticipated for our time together.

"I have kept it secret for so long now, do you really think I'm going to ruin the surprise now?"

"Please?" I said, pouting my bottom lip out which immediately cause his eyes to said lip.