Chapter 10- Content

Chapter 10- content

*~* Max's POV *~*

I shifted slightly so my nose was on the nape of Amelia's neck and her legs were tangled with mine before I drifted back to my slumber.

It wasn't til a few minutes later that the idea of sleep didn't seem like something I wanted to do. I opened my eyes and found a sleeping Amelia. She looks so cute.

A sudden thought occurred to me, she still might be jet legged. Meaning that I should've gotten her to rest before I took her out yesterday. I frowned; does that mean she would be sleeping mostly today?

Amelia suddenly shifted so she was facing me, her eyelids fluttering slightly and then opening answering my internal question.

She yawned softly and covered her mouth with her hand before scooting closer to me.

"Good morning Maxie." She whispered her voice sounding tired.

"Good morning beautiful." I whispered back to her and then snakes my arms around her waist.

"Where are we?" She then asked and then lifted her head up to look around my bedroom her eyes crinkling in confusion. I smiled, she had fallen asleep on the motorbike ride home and I brought her up to my room and set her asleep.

"You fell asleep before we got home so I brought you up to my room." I explained. She nodded and then sat herself up and observed the room.

"It hasn't changed much." Amelia noted.

"I didn't do much that's why." I replied.

"What does my room look like?" She questioned.

"That's the same as well. We can go look at it in a bit I'm sure Aunt Alice has already stored clothes for you." I replied. She nodded and gazed around the room some more a content look on her face. Something seemed to have caught her eye so she got up and stretched and made her way across the room. My attention was stuck on her clothes which were crumpled; her top was exposing some of her skin. It was like it was daring me to touch it.

She walked up to beside my desk and crouched down to look at Cyan's bed. Ness had got it soon after Amelia's departure. One for my room and one for hers and Jacob's.

"You did get some toys for Cyan, as we had discussed?" She said, it sounded more like a statement then a question. I nodded, a smirk formed on my lips from the conversation we had 3 years ago.

"Well we had too. She was missing her Momma." I replied.

"Well you better have been a good Daddy. You didn't spoil her too much did you?" She questioned. She was talking about Cyan as if she was really our child then our cat. The idea made me smile.

"I was good. Promise," I vowed and then internally prayed that she wouldn't press onto the matter. It's not that I was bad to Cyan, no, not at all. It was just that most of the time I spent with the cat was me staring intently at it wondering why she was here when Amelia wasn't. Amelia smiled and then got up from her crouched position.

"That's good."

She then looked at me; her eyes lingered on my naked torso, making me smile as if I had accomplished something.