Chapter 13 - Arrangements

*~* Amelia's POV *~*

"Did any of you guys miss me? Oh yeah, surprise!" I said as I walked into the room that had, Seth, Cheryl, Leah, Daniel, Charlie and Sue in. The room also had everyone else situated in there, well apart from me.

The former people had their eyes open in astonishment as they stared at me. I smiled at them widely and then sat myself beside Max.

"Wait, wait, wait. Max, I thought you said that Amelia wasn't here, when I called you," Seth said, his voice was full of confusion and shock.

"Actually, I didn't specify whether she was here or not," Max corrected.

"I wanted to surprise you guys, so I told Max to keep it a secret that I was here," I explained, probably answering a few of the internal questions they have.

"Then when did you arrive here?" Cheryl asked, the shock had gone from her face and was replaced with a happy smile.

"It's been nearly three days, she hasn't been here for that long, Max still has his clutches on her," Ness inputed, they all nodded slowly in sync and then smiled at me.

"That's great Max, I now don't have to worry about a grumpy best man," Seth proclaimed happily.

"Wait, what? Best man? Dude are you serious?" Max said, completely taken aback yet happy at the same time.

"Yeah dude only if you accept it, I would've had Jake but nah," Seth replied.

"Gee Seth, that means so much," Jacob said sarcastically but he couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah sure dude," Max agreed, I smiled, everything does seem as if nothing ever happened.

"And then there's the maid of honour, it was previously going to be Ness - sorry - but since Max is the best man and Amelia is here, the role goes to her," Cheryl announced.

Wait, what? A surge of happiness welled from within me, I get to be the maid of honour? What a honour!

"Me?" I questioned, trying to see if I had heard right.

"Yes you, unless there is another Amelia in the room," Cheryl replied.

"Just out of pure curiosity - why?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound completely stupid.

"Well, I was thinking, how great it would be if you would be here on the wedding since well, we thought you were in Britain, and that I wanted you as my maid of honour, I don't know why really, I just do. So, what do you say?" She mindlessly explained, I felt a sense of happiness and warmth inside me. I'm so happy that she thought of me, instead of just forgetting about me.

"Of course, I'll be honoured to be the maid of honour," I told her truthfully whilst smiling widely.

"Okay that's great! Now that's settled we need yo go shopping for everything! We've sent out invitations and sorted out the venue, food etc. It's only the - "

"It shall be handled, you have my word for it," Aunt Alice vowed interrupting Seth causing everyone to laugh.

~*~

"The theme is pink and red but nothing bright. Just subtle, everyone got that?" Aunt Alice proclaimed to everyone after she had a long conversation with Cheryl and her Mother, Teresa in the other room.