Chapter 1- Shattered

Hey guys! It's been a while hasn't it? Lol I'm happy to start writing! :)

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer!

Okay here's a little refresher for you guys....

"Amelia don't leave me I can't live without you please don't go. I love you." He urged with fresh tears streaming down his face. Those three words nearly stopped me from leaving but it still had to be done.

"Max I have to go. I need to be with my real family. I am sorry and wish that I had never met you so I would have never inflicted this pain on you. But that doesn't mean I regret everything. Max, I will always love you forever and ever. You have my heart and always will it will never belong to someone else." I said. Hurt addressed his features but the sadness was more potent.

"Amelia you can't do this to me you can't leave me. If you have to go take me with you." He said desparately. That was an inviting offer but I had to decline.

"No Max I am not taking you away from your family. You have to stay with them." I said.

"NO! Please take me with you. I love you, please don't leave me." He begged. This is and always be the hardest thing I would ever do.

"Max I have to go and you have to stay. This is hard Max I don't want to do this."

"Then don't." He interjected.

"If only if it was that easy. Max I'm going it's my decision. I don't want you to mourn after me. I want you to find someone else someone who wouldn't leave you. Max you don't deserve this." I said 

"No Amelia I will love you and only you. No one else." He promised.

"No Max you have to go and be with someone else. Just remember I will always love you no matter what. Wherever I will be." I said. I let go of him with one hand and reached into my pocket and got out the side of the keyring with Max's name on it and then showed it to him.

"Max this is your heart back I'm sorry for wounding it. But you deserve better." I said.

"No Amelia don't do this to me." He begged.

"Max I said my decision is made I am so sorry. I love you Max thank you for making my life perfect." I said. Fresh tears escaped my eyes. My heart was sinking in my chest and I felt empty.

"My life can't be any better without you I can't love anyone else." He said. I knew he was telling th truth and on top of being in love with me he was my soul mate.

"I know but try." I said.

"Amelia..." He said.

"Shh... Max remember this. If you love something let it go, if it comes back it's yours if it doesn't it never was." I said.

"Then come back." He said.

"I don't know only time will tell." I replied. I then brought him into a hug. We hugged for seemed like forever but was only a few minutes. I then loosened myself from his hold and ignored his attempts of tightening them. I kissed him on the cheek for the last time and then just stood in front of him. I held his hand and placed my keyring in it and then took off my ring and placed it in his other hand.