Chapter 19 ~ Interlace

*~* Max's POV*~*

As the aeroplane spelt out its message, Amelia took no admission to the falling package. I grabbed the box, ripping off the mini parachute in the process and opened it, revealing the ring. I got onto one knee and spoke.

"You were an angel walking the planet when I first lay my eyes on you. I didn't even know your name and you stole my heart. I couldn't sometimes sleep properly at night because all I saw was you. And if I was completely honest if I had a star for every time I thought of you, I would have the entire universe in the palm of my hand. I love you, would you marry me?" Were the words to my monologue that just flowed at my mouth. Not really waiting for Amelia to turn around and face me.

She was frozen amongst the air. I couldn't read the expression on her face because she was sideways. She eventually turned around, with tear stained eyes and a stunned expression she couldn't really look any more beautiful. There was silence. It was almost painful because there wasn't really any emotion coming out of her.

She then curled her fist into a ball despite the apple which was now squished and punched my arm.

And damn it hurt but not enough to phase me. She then glared, scaring me.

She wasn't going to say no was she?

"Do you have any idea how scared you made me? I thought you were going to break up with me!" She exclaimed, her outburst stunning me. I wasn't sure how to react, was that a no?

I just stayed silent looking into Amelia's eyes which were now not glaring at me but was just staring indecisively.

She looked at the ring for a couple of seconds before back at my face. A small smile curling up on her beautiful lips.

Within a blink of the eye - literally - I was knocked down. Amelia's arms swung around my neck engulfing me into a hug. Her head in the crook of my neck, her lips moving towards my ear.

"Yes I will marry you," she whispered. The words seemed like a release. Euphoria was being pumped around my body substituting for blood making me feel like if I died right now I would be the happiest man on earth. But if I really did die that would suck.

I had one of my hands still holding the ring and the other around Amelia's waist. I just had a moment to savour the feeling before she pulled away. Her hair made a curtain, hiding the rest of the world from my view as she stared down at me.

I was enjoying the fact that she was laying on top of me more than I should've apart from that I just couldn't pull my eyes away from her for the life of me.

The happiest, most beautiful smile was stretched across her face probably matching mine. Her eyes dancing as they looked back into mine. I got too caught up in the moment I forgot about the ring. Which luckily was still in the box and hadn't fallen out.

I sat up properly, hoping to at least get his part right, with Amelia propped up on my lap; I grabbed her left hand gently. I removed the ring from the box and placed it on her ring finger. After, I situated the ring into place and then brought Amelia's hand to my lips. Kissing each finger before I kissed the ring.

I then looked up at Amelia who had just opened her mouth to say something but instead someone else spoke.

Well yelled.

"JUST KISS HER ALREADY!" Ten guesses who said that and no it wasn't even my Dad. It was, in fact Ness who had yelled it from behind the trees. A quizzical glance replaced Amelia's smile. She turned her head to the direction where the voice was heard, I mirrored her action.

And there we saw - not only Ness - but the entire family including Amelia's parents and Huilen.

"Sorry! She didn't mean to ruin your moment!" Jacob shouted apologetically. Like that actually helped.