Chapter 3- Enmity

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer...

A/N Guys this chapter is 1 month after the last one in other terms Max and Amelia have been apart for 5 weeks!

Chapter 3- Enmity

*~* Max's POV *~*

The weeks passed slowly I had nothing to do. I was thinking of taking up a hobby, I remembered Amelia saying when we just got together that I should take up one.

So I might as well. To pass time.

I looked in the mirror to see if I was ready for school. I decided that I needed to get my mind off things. I just hope I didn't do anything stupid. I looked at my dead face in the mirror, I looked as if I had never had a sprinkle of happiness in my life. Well my happiness was taken away from me. I was satisfied with myself and left my bedroom and headed down stairs. I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat but my appetite left me as I entered.

"Are you sure you want to go today?" My Mum asked concerned. I nodded.

"Yeah, it'll give me something to do." I whispered back. The family gave me sympathic glances.

"For the record Amelia isn't doing so well without you either." Aunt Alice said. My attention snapped to her. Of course Aunt Alice could see Amelia's future at times.

I knew it was hard for her as well. I wish, if she had to go she would have taken me with her but I guess if she wants to stay with her family I should let her. But I also feel that is not the reason.

That I am missing something.

Shaking my head slightly I thought it can't be anything else, that most be the only reason.

"Can we go now?" I asked looking at the floor. I didn't want to talk about Amelia not to anyone.

"Yeah sure thing Maxie." Ness said and smiled at me reassuringly.

"Don't call me Maxie." I grumbled and then I left the kitchen. I hated being called Maxie, it was Amelia's nickname for me. No one else could use it. Everyone left the house silently and I went with Mum and Dad in the M3 to school. Uncle Jazz and Aunt Alice were in the Volvo. The drive to school was silent, all I did was look at the two keyrings in my hand. My heart and Amelia's, she gave me back my heart so she doesn't inflict any more pain on it. The problem was every second without her was increasing the pain.

We got to school and people were crowding around our cars. It had been a while since we had shown up, well most of us.

I was told that Amelia's 'excuse' for not being her was that she got adopted from a couple and moved to England. I exited the car and people seemed a little taken aback by my grim expression. I then walked away from my family and then walked to my Math's class. On the way i bumped into someome. Aaron.

"Hey Max man. What's wrong?" He asked me as we walked towards the maths.

"Uh. Nothing." I lied. He gave me a concerned look.

"Where's Amelia? He asked noticing that she wasn't here.

"Gone." I whispered. He then gave me a confused glance.