Chapter 34 ~ Corruption

*~* Max's POV *~*

You know that moment, where everything feels perfect, and it stays perfect? Well it has only been three mere days but that was enough assurance that everything would stay perfect.

Right?

I heard a little cry, I alerted instantly but not as fast as Amelia who was already rocking Elijah in her arms, automatically silencing him. I got off the arm of the sofa and walked over to them, Macy was sleeping soundly in her moses basket. I hugged Amelia from behind, and looked down at our smiling son. "What's wrong little man?" I asked him. He shrugged and how old is he? Seven days?

Little attention seeker.

"Can I hold him?" My Dad asked, I chuckled.

"I think he doesn't like you or just likes seeing you suffer," Amelia told him, Elijah smirked. I looked over to Edward, who was smiling.

"I just think he likes annoying you, I don't know why. He's replaying all the times he's... bullied you in the last week."

"He's not that bad," I told Elijah.

"Dadda," he said, making my heart melt at the soft sound, I smiled down at him, looking into his mischievous emerald eyes.

"I don't care, I want to hold my grandson," Dad insisted.

"Okay, but if he pukes in your face again it isn't our fault," Amelia said. I monitored Elijah's reaction, his eyes widened and his bottom lip jutted out, mirroring a perfect heartbroken expression. His grip tightened on Amelia but it was no match for Dad's strength, and then - as expected - he let out a blood curdling shriek, but that still wasn't enough to wake up Macy who was still breathing deeply in graceful slumber.

Amelia chuckled, she turned to me smiling blissfully, making me feel like the luckiest man who ever existed. However, even with Amelia's bright smile on her face you could evidently say she was exhausted. Her body left weak in my arms and I could feel her clinging on.

"I think Eli has screamed enough," Amelia said, breaking our eye contact and my hold on her, all effortlessly. She walked towards Dad, her legs shaking slightly. I walked behind her.

"Oh c'mon, Amelia one second. Eli, Elijah, my little man, I thought we were friends!" Dad protested, lifting him higher than he liked making the volume increase, causing the other baby to cry. I dove to scoop her up before Amelia turned around, rocking her gently in my arms. I heard Elijah stops crying too, I suspected that Amelia took him from Dad. I turned around and I was wrong.

Amelia was no longer in the room; Mom was holding Elijah and Dad was looking around confused. I heard the sound of Amelia's heart hammering dangerously in her chest, Dad knew to take Macy off me because as soon as he did I ran towards the bathroom.

My heart almost stopped as I saw Amelia's head leaning against the toilet bowl, her legs must've given out before she reached because of the noticeable bruise, this didn't bother me too much until I saw what coming out of Amelia's mouth. A thick black substance was leaking out, staining the toilet bowl and tiled floor.

She blinked, the whites in her eyes overflowed by tears of blood, her usual flawless green irises transformed into an ugly black. The pupils becoming white.

You would assume that these were one of the moments that you would freeze and stare, completely terrified out of your wits but that wouldn't be good enough for me. I was kneeling in front of Amelia, pathetically trying to wipe away the tears of blood from her face. Remorse filled her eyes, she gulped. The skin on her face turning green and her veins becoming black.

"We need to get her out of here right now," Grandpa informed, grabbing Amelia and leaving the room. I hadn't noticed he was there, I froze. To some extent I wanted to know what was going on, but one part of me simply wanted the assurance she wanted to survive.

I heard her scream in agony. I rushed towards the room she was in, the distant sound of Eli and Macy crying knifed me painfully, but I knew they were tended to. Amelia was lying on the area she gave birth, her heart stopped momentarily before rebooting again mechanically. Jagged breaths coming out, I could feel her blazing heat of body heat across the room.

I approached her, daring my hands to reach her scorching skin. I burnt myself in the process but continued.

I cupped her cheek, not letting my hand rip away, using my thumb to wipe away another tear. I wanted to see her green eyes.

Amelia's face sunk in, the bony contour of her face giving full view of the black capillaries. "Grandpa what is going on?" I asked cautiously.

"It's the venom, something is happening. Maybe she got bitten or something during the delivery, I'll have to use ultrasound to make sure," Grandpa spoke, he paused. "We need to put her to sleep."

I looked at him as he spoke, I diverted my gaze back to Amelia. Finding her face was reforming to a purple color, she wasn't breathing.

She gasped.

Her heart beat climbing, before coming towards a halt. She closed her eyes. She was silent.

After what it seemed like a 30 second long, loud silence, her heart beat again.

*~*~*~*~*

I had two friends read this, like ten minutes ago. It's about 01:08 on a wednesday early morning!

Okay, so I don't have much to say....

Thoughts?

Please don't kill me, I have a lot to live for...

NEXT UPLOAD: Thursday, I must upload on Thursday or at this time on Friday morning.

CHEESECAKE!!

Ciao ~ Ami xD