Chapter 29 ~ Controversy

*~* Amelia's POV *~*

I woke up. It was still night and with the churning feeling in my stomach I couldn't sleep. I got up, careful to have not shift Max before getting up and putting on one of his t-shirts. I sighed contentedly, despite the growing embryo I had within me. I didn't want to hide it from Max, I wanted to know so I didn't have to worry but telling him seemed to be the difficult part.

The churning in my stomach altered, I ran towards the ensuite and in front of the towel bowl I puked. I grimaced as I flushed the toilet and wiped the back of hand across my lips. I washed my hands and started to brush my teeth, letting the minty flavour of my paste devour the foul smell of sickness. After finishing, I rinsed out my mouth and returned back into the room, lucky or maybe unlucky to see that Max hadn't shifted. I perched myself at the side of the bed, eyeing Max's flawless face but my eyes drooping at the same time.

It didn't banish the heaviness of my mind. It was like something was trying to crush my brain making me feel like I was carrying a burden instead of a baby.

Couldn't Max just magically know and accept it?

Life wasn't that easy. I slipped Max's top back off, knowing he would be suspicious of it in the morning. I circled my arms around his chest and rested my head where I knew his heart was. Slowly counting each heart beat til I fell asleep.

The sleep felt much better than I thought it would be. I wasn't sure what time it was when I was awoken by Max, a very concerned face filling my vision.

"Amelia, you look pale. You are okay aren't you?" He questioned when he gained my attention.

I paused, I took a few deep breaths before the churning started again, I got up and redressed my myself with Max's t-shirt before rushing again into the ensuite.

I wasn't sure how the amount of vomit escaped me the last time I ate was at the wedding.

Max held my hair back and kept silent, I was fearing the thoughts that were going through his mind. I straightened myself up, Max's hands slid to my waist and I flushed the toilet. I moved myself out of Max's grip and walked towards the sink to yet again rinse out my mouth.

"Have you started your menstrual cycle again?" Max asked awkwardly from behind me. My lips tilted up slightly at the tone but I shook my head before I turned around to face him only thinking, you wish. A cute frown was sitting on his lips as he stood there with only his boxers on.

"Nope," I told him honestly.

"Are you getting a fever or something?" Max approached me, he fitted his hand and pressed his palm gently against my forehead. Max's frown deepened when he realized that wasn't the case either.

I started to panic. I didn't know what thoughts were going through his head, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to know.

"How are you feeling Amelia?" He asked, I could barely hear him because of the loud hammering of my heart in my ears. I grabbed his hand from my head and tugged him towards the bedroom. I sat down on the bed and just looked at his hand.

"Max there's something I need to tell you," I told him, not daring to look up.

"Amelia... what's going on?"

"Okay, promise me you won't freak out."

"I'm not sure if I could do that Amelia, just tell me it can't be that bad."

A mini conversation filled my mind:

Max: Amelia I will never impregnate you.

Me: I'm already pregnant.