Chapter 8- Misconception

• Dedicated to To my two epic friends Ali and Ambo! I love you guys! xD

Hi guys! Hehe I didn't vanish for too long did I? Well I am going to vanish again... anyways enjoy! :)

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 8- Misconception

I didn't know what to think as I looked at them. I blinked away the tears thinking that moving on was good for him. That means he's happy?

Who am I kidding? To be honest I didn't want Max to move on. I never did and never will.

His gaze ripped from the lady beside him which made our eyes lock. I missed him looking at me more then anyone could ever imagine.

Every moment we had together replayed in my mind.

It wasn't fair nothing is ever fair. I just wanted to run up to him and kiss him but I couldn't. I ripped from his gaze and saw the girl.

She was exceptionally beautiful, she was a vampire and well she just seemed perfect...

Oh why oh why did I have to leave him?

The rest of the guys and Aubrey noticed the sudden tension in the air. Gabriel who was formerly standing behind me was now leaning over me so our bodies brushed slightly. Also the mystery girl had noticed the tension and her face became concerned.

They most definitely are together.

Max then looked away from me and faced the girl. She gave a sudden look of surprise and gazed at me and then nodded slightly at Max.

I then became jealous. She can have the guy that I'm in love with and I can't. She probably won't even leave him lime I did.

What do I do now then?

Move on too?

Or maybe...

"Gabriel if anyone asks you are my boyfriend." I whispered to him only loud enough for the people around me to hear. Gabriel looked at me in confusion.

"What?" He replied in the same volume.

"Just go with me please." I silently begged him. He thought for a moment and then nodded.

Damien, Aubrey and Landon had seemed to have caught on and went along with it.

I hand unconsciously gripped Gabriel's arm as the girl did the same to Max.

I wanted to rip her limb by limb preventing her to ever touch Max again but couldn't. If Max moved on that means he's happy, I don't want to take away his happiness.

Wait.

Does it mean now that he has moved on that he doesn't love me anymore...? My heart skipped a beat before it started to hammer in my chest at the thought of him not loving me anymore.

"Um... this is just awkward... I think we should actually do something then stand and stare." Damien then said breaking the suffocating tension.

"Uh yeah." I agreed and then looked down. I mustered whatever I had left within me looked back up and saw Max and the girl approaching us.

Hand in hand.

"Hey Max it's been years what's up?" Damien said casually as if his sister wasn't internally dying. They did the man hug thing and he then replied

"Yes it has Damien. It's good to see you." Was what he said.

His voice was so smooth, the words were like they were made for his mouth. It made my heart race faster and flamingos in my stomach turn into hawks. He sounded so... sexy. It made goose bumps rise over body.