Chapter 18 ~ Outspoken

*~* Max's POV *~*

I wasn't really sure what came over me, but I noneoftheless knew I was beyond pissed that I knew if I didn't want to do something I would regret I should leave. But even that didn't calm me down.

Ugh, I should've dragged Amelia with me. She'd one way or another calm me down. But what if I decided to be an ass and break her heart like I did three years ago?

Why did Amelia's mother have to come back? And why does she even have the nerve to come and ask if Amelia was willing to leave?

The frustration that build inside of me was only mildly released when my fist hit the nearest tree hard causing it to fall and my fingers to throb at the contact. I ignored the pain it was too impotent within, for me to care.

The crash must've been heard by the rest of the family, because within seconds I was surrounded.

"Please tell me you haven't done anything stupid," my Mother said, breaking the silence that previously surrounded me.

I just stared at her, scared that if I opened my mouth only shouting and profanities would come out. But I was grateful when Uncle Jasper put his hand on my shoulder immediately sending cool waves of tranquility into my body. I gave a nod of gratitude showing that I was calm but he still felt his hand on me.

"I didn't do anything," I mumbled, looking back at my mother ignoring the gazes of everyone else.

"Then what happened sweetie?" Grandma asked, who was standing next to my Mother.

"Is Amelia alright?" Ness questioned alarmed.

"She's fine, well I don't know how she's feeling right now," I answered.

"Then what happened son?" My father asked, genuinely curious. The previous events ran through my head. Do I have to explain myself?

Luckily my internal question was heard.

"Amelia's Mother wants her to move back to England," unveiled Uncle Edward. There was gasps, which almost seemed too theatrical.

"She's going to stay with you Max," Aunt Alice interjected. I sighed, I knew that already. I wasn't going to doubt Amelia.

It was just her Mother. Who somehow, even when she's not around still gets her way. And then she's alive after years of been commonly known as deceased. It's all unpredictable.

"She just wants to get to know her daughter, you know that," Grandpa pointed out. Only for me to read into.

"So it's a good idea that she leaves again?" I snapped, my temporary outburst soothed by Uncle Jazz.

"We don't mean that Max. We don't want her to go. You don't want her to go. And she doesn't want to go either. You have nothing to sorry about." I registered Jacob's words. But it didn't seem like enough. I needed one thing that would keep Amelia routed with I for eternity, only death doing us part.

"I need to marry her."

*~* Amelia's POV *~*

It had been 5 hours since Max had abruptly left making me feel terrible.

What if he doesn't come back? I knew the thought was exaggerated, but still; nothing is impossible. The word impossible itself is two letters too long.

I had escaped to my room shortly after, not giving my mother any acknowledgment. But soon hearing voices of the rest of the family; not of which having a recent memory of Max. What is he doing?

I contemplated over calling, texting or using our telepathic link to contact him. What if he didn't want to talk to me? He surely isn't making an effort himself. So there's me sitting in the dark, single tears rolling down my cheek after my brain thinks of every worst case scenario. With the only accompaniment of Cyan as I wallowed. I rejected any other association with humans - well vampires.