Chapter 32 ~ Confinement

Chapter 31 ~ Confinement

*~* Amelia's POV *~*

I gasped, my breaths becoming long and shallow as I lay almost comfortably on the love seat. Pain surging from my lower abdomen to the rest of my body, the twins mercilessly fighting with one another. I groaned, weakly trying to place my palm on my ginormous stomach.

"Do you want any more blood, food?" Max asked, my eyes flickered open imperceptibly, his distraught face filling most of my vision. I shook my head, unsure if I was able to utter a single syllable, like a mouse stuck in a trap.

I let a little cry out when I heard a rib break unanticipatedly, the sharp pain mimicking relentless stabs of a knife. "Carlisle another rib has cracked, isn't there anyway you could give Amelia a caesarian or something?"

"Caesarians are only compatible with humans, do you really want to risk Amelia's life just to test it? The best way is to wait until the water breaks," Carlisle said from not too far away. I squeezed my eyed shut as I felt another contraction, I tried my hardest not to scream at the pain but couldn't succeed. A cry escaped my dead lips; Max grabbed my hand. The simple gesture gave me hope.

"Amelia it's okay, I love you and I'm here. I know you must be in so pain but you're going to stay okay. The children will be okay," Max assured me. I felt him shuffle over to me, my body craving his warmth.

* Sit me up and sit next to me * I told him through our telepathic link.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded. Gently Max pulled me up to a sitting position, I ignored the throbbing of my shattered bones as Max sat next to me. I leaned my head against his bicep, letting my eyes droop. He placed his palm on my stomach, the action ceasing the pain momentarily before I cried again in pain. Instead of a contraction I felt a bite causing the placenta to break and another bite on the walls of the uterus.

I howled in pain hoping that the pain or even my life ended now. I was swiftly moved towards the emergency chair, Max, Rosalie and Carlisle tending to me as the water broke.

*~* Max's POV *~*

"We need to get them out now," Carlisle firmly informed my mother and I. My heart hammered in my chest and I gripped Amelia's hand. Blood started to flow uncontrollably alongside the water. Amelia sealed her eyes shut withering in excruciating pain. The vice grip of her hand in mine tightening by the second. Sweat dripped down her beautiful face as my mom instructed her to push.

Amelia cried out again, causing my heart to break as I couldn't do anything but watch. Amelia's deep breaths increased as she tried her hardest to provide life for our children, the first one making its appearance after another scream in pain. Her face contorted in agony. The pace of her heart weakening before climbing dangerously.

The first child was a boy completely drenched in a red liquid. My mom took him and wrapped him up, leaving the room once Edward quickly made an arrival.

Amelia's death grip loosened and her face changed colour. Her beating beating in an irregular patterns before she screamed. The torment in her scream possibly alerting every organism within miles.

Her eyes flashed open. And I wish they hadn't. The green turned black before reverting to its natural colour almost instantly I could've missed it.

Her heart stopped.

Edward and Grandpa were urging me to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation but I froze along her heart, horrible thoughts sprinting in my mind. My breath cut off and I feared my heart would too.

She breathed loudly almost dramatically and her heart started to beat again. I sighed in relief. I squeezed her hand gently and received the pressure. The second child was born. Amelia's jagged breaths caused her chest to heave before she closed her eyes again.

I stared at her.

The pressure of her hand loosened in mine but her heart beat remained. I continued to stare.

*~*~*~*~*

I feel bad because: a) this is one short ass upload I'm not going to lie I'd be lucky if this goes on two pages b) I have uploaded two days late (sorry about that) c) there is some cliffhanger thing going on here I'm not too sure.

I would've uploaded like an hour ago but I was dancing to Don't Stop Me Now by Queen. It's a kickass song.

I've been very distracted his week so far. Doing nothing is very inviting at the moment I'm pretty sure some of yous will feel the same in holidays... who exactly is on holiday? Easter break? Hands up! I am!!!

Erm well I don't want this author's note to be longer than the actual chapter itself so I'd get to the point. I was a little unsure about this chapter, I got two friends of mine to read it.... they said it was great and all... I had plans to make this chapter longer but then one friend said to keep it to this and the other agreed so yeah if you want to murder them for that let me know and I'll give you their address..... joke...

NEXT UPLOAD: I'm hoping Friday, I have a feeling that now til the end (there are three chapters left :O) the chapters will be quite short, sweet and sharp... no need for embellishment. Therefore chapters should be written up quicker, I must finish this story before the 15th!!

I know you guys don't know the ending yet... but do you want an epilogue??

Dedication to AmberPacific who made the cover on the side -----> You rock :) Thanks!! :*

Comment your thoughts on this chapter, did it create, fear, suspense... I don't know.. nothing? You guys decide :) Cheesecake if you want :D

CHEESECAKE!!!!

Ciao ~ Ami xD :) ;) :P :D