Chapter 24 ~ Hitch

Chapter 24 ~ Hitch

*~*Amelia's POV*~*

"What exactly are we doing here?" I asked Gabriel as he opened the grand, dusty door to an abandoned, old chapel one of which I had never seen before.

"I don't know," he stated, looking around before grabbing Eva's hand, the gesture broadening the smile I already had on my face.

"Well this is a waste of time then," Damien scowled, hitting him in the arm playfully though it would've hurt him more than Gabriel.

"Stop being such a party pooper Damien! Let's explore!" Aubrey proclaimed loudly, taking in the fact that no one apart from us were around.

"I hope that doesn't mean exploring Landon there," Max countered smirking broadly, clearly catching Aubrey out. I stifled a laugh which was failing as I peered at her face; her mouth agape with loss of words.

"I could say the same about you Max, don't get too excited thinking of Amelia," Landon retorted, grabbing his lover by the waist. Max shrugged at the words, shifting me closer in the process closer to him.

"Nah, why do I need to think of her when she's right here?"

"Very true Max," I agreed giving him a wink and briefly going on my toes to peck his cheek.

"You guys aren't even married and you are all over each other, it's..." Gabriel started, pausing to think of an appropriate word. "Sickening," he finished.

I rolled my eyes at him, "You aren't sickened, you are jealous. You're confusing the feelings. You wish you were going to get married. To Eva that is."

It was now his turn to roll his eyes but instead Eva responded, "He does wish but putting that aside, where exactly is the location of your wedding ceremony?"

"Outside the house, there's a good enough space and weather would be taken care of, it's just that in an actual church or chapel we'd have the need to book a priest which isn't necessary," Max answered confidently.

"The reception will be kept at a hotel though," I added. Eva nodded looking around the empty place.

There was dust everywhere but in eyes of a hybrid/vampire you could see every little particle making it look beautiful. The chapel was small, but with tall walls and seating on a side making it a place to get married.

"I wonder who would get married here... Would you two get married here?" Gabriel rambled. I shared a look with Max, I'd get married anywhere at anytime for Max to be mine. He himself sharing the same thoughts. "How exactly are wedding played out too?" Gabriel continued, not giving us a chance to answer his previous question.

"Well it's quite a process, but there is where the groom stands as he awaits his bride to walk down the aisle," Landon told, gesturing to said spot. Gabriel, looked over but before saying any other comment Aubrey intervened.

"Ooh! We shall have a mini rehearsal of Max's and Amelia's wedding!" She squealed. I chuckled at the proclaimation but stopped when I saw she was being serious.

"Isn't the rehearsal supposed to be a day before the wedding?" Max questioned curiously.

"But you said yourself that you weren't having one," Aubrey reminded, removing herself from Landon and walking over to Max and I. "Oh c'mon please!" She pleaded, grabbing hold of my hands in hopes it would help, "It would just be some fun! Plus we're going to leave for Juneau tomorrow!"

I gave a look indicating that I was thinking it over, my lips forming a twisted smirk before I nodded in acceptance. I glanced up at Max who's nod followed causing Aubrey to squeal some more in excitement.