Chapter 4

Alex sat on a bench, waiting for Drew. She glanced at her watch for the hundreth and seventh time. She's counting. That's how anxious she was.

"Alex?" She heard Drew call her name and she quickly stood up.

"Hey," she said nervously.

"Sweetheart, why are you sitting outside? You could have waited for me inside." He said, hugging her and giving her a peck on the lips.

"I didn't want to wait in there alone." She said as he walked her to the building door with his hand on the arch of her back.

They took the elevator to the third floor and made their way to their doctor's office. The fertility doctor, Dr. Morgan. They were in Dr. Morgan's office, waiting for her to come back into her office.

Alex's foot was shaking as she rocked back and forth for Dr. Morgan to come back. She was holding on to Drew's hand.

"Alex," Drew said, patting her hand, "baby, relax." He said in a calm tone.

She flashed a small smile. "I'm trying." She said softly.

"Can you at least hold my hand a little less tighter?" He chuckled.

She didn't realize how much of a grip she had on his hand. She was extremely nervous about the results of this trip to Dr. Morgan's office. She loosened her grip, "sorry." 

He picked her hand up and kissed it, "it's okay. I love you."

"I love you too."

Dr. Morgan walked into the office with a green folder in her hand. "Sorry, it took me a minute." She said as she made her way to her chair. "How are you two today?" she asked.

"Good." Drew answered. 

"Nervous." Alex said, honestly.

"Don't be nervous." Dr. Morgan flashed a kind smile. 

"So what are the results?" Alex asked, very anxious to know.

"Just give her a minute." Drew said, not trying to be snappy. 

"I'm sorry, I'm just anxious to know. This is what we came here for and I don't want to waste any time." she said.

"It's okay, I understand." Dr. Morgan spoke up. She opened the folder and scanned the papers inside. Her facial expression was blank as she read the papers.

After a few more moments. Dr. Morgan closed the folder and sat it down on her desk. "So from your hysterosalpingogram, you're fallopian tubes are normal. There's no blockage or anything that shows what's prevening you from getting pregnant."

Alex's pressed her lips together, trying not to cry. Drew squeezed her hand as she took a deep breath.

"There's another test we could try," Dr. Morgan continued.

"No!" Alex blurted out. "No more tests. This is all stupid!" She fussed as she stood up. 

"Alex," Drew tugged her hand for her to sit back down. 

"No! I'm done. I shouldn't have to go through all of this just to have a baby." She snatched her hand away from Drew, grabbed her purse and stormed out the office.

Drew stood up, giving Dr. Morgan an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Dr. Morgan." he said, sincerely.

"It's okay. This is normal for me. Go make sure she's okay. If you guys need anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call." She smiled kindly. 

"Thank you so much, for everything." He exteneded his arm out to shake her hand and then left her office, looking for his wife.

After spending a few minutes looking for Alex, he'd finally found her outside, sitting on the same bench she sat on when she was waiting on him.