Chapter 15

Angel met with Candice, Drew and Derrick's younger sister. They were having brunch outdoors, and discussing wedding plans.

"It's about time the two of you get married." Candice said. "I thought this day would never come."

Angel rolled her eyes. "Candy, hush."

"I'm just saying, you and Derrick have been together long than Drew has been married to Alex." She laughed.

"Shut up!" Angel slapped Candice's arm.

"Where's Hallie?" She asked.

"She had to work. I'm gonna meet her later." Angel answered.

"Okay," Candice pulled out a folder and opened it. "I have the photographer, the reverend for the ceremony, which will be held at Loews New Orlenas hotel at three thirty. After the ceremony, we'll ride to the boardwalk where we will get on a private boat for the reception. That will be at four thirty, so please be sure y'all get that quickie in by then or wait until after we're on the boat. You don't want to miss your own reception."

Angel rolled her eye, pressing her lips together. Candice loved making jokes about her and Derrick. "I don't know what I would do without you. You saved my life." Angel said. "How did you make those arrangements in such little time?" She asked.

"See, now you're asking too many questions." Candice took a sip of her water. "I sent the invitations to the list of names and addresses you had given me." She added.

"I don't know how you do it." Angel commented.

"It's tough being greatness."

"I should buy you a drink for all your hard work, even though I am paying you."

"Oh, no thank you. I'm can't drink." Candice paused. "I mean, I'm cutting back on my drinking." She said.

Angel narrowed her eyes at Candice. "Why?" She asked. "It's not like you're an alcoholic or anything."

Candice sighed. "I may as well tell you, maybe this will help me out a bit.."

"Tell me what?" Angel asked.

"Promise you won't tell my brothers?" She asked.

"I promise."

"I'm pregnant."

Angel's eyes grew wide and a smile formed on her face. "Oh my goodness, congrats."

Candice's expression wasn't pleasant at all. She wasn't excited as Angel was.

"That's not good?" Angel asked.

"No," Candice shook her head.

"Why not? Is it not by Sean?" Angel referred to Candice's boyfriend that she'd been with for over three years.

"It is," Candice answered, "It's just, he didn't take the news to well."

"What do you mean?" Angel asked.

"Sean didn't want a baby and now he doesn't want me." Candice's tone was full of sadness. "He broke up with me."

"He did what?" Angel frown with anger.

"What are you going to do? Did he at least tell you that he was going to take care of the baby?" he asked.

Candice shook her head. "He wanted me to get rid of the baby."

Angel gasped. "What ?" She said loud.

"Can you keep your voice down?"

"Hell no! That fool thinks he can get you pregnant and dip!" Angel snapped.