Chapter 17

Derrick watched his bride walked down the aisle. She was so beautiful. She had curls that were pinned to the side with a white flower sitting above her ear. Her baby powder colored dress had a low cut, v-neck, and dragged on the floor as she walked.

Her smile was glued on her face, as sincere as ever. This was the moment we waited for. He was going to wait for as long as he needed to in order to see this moment. As she got closer to him, everything around them disappeared. It was just the two of them in his head. 

"Dearly, beloved." The minister spoke.

Derrick and Angel locked their hands together and looked into each other's eyes. After exchanging their vows, the shared the kiss that sealed the beginning of the rest of their lives. He took one good look at his wife and smile. "I love you." He whispered to her.

"I love you too." She responded. 

Their reception was on a private boat they rented. After greeting the few guests they invited it was time for their first dance.

Angel had been smiling all day, just as much as Derrick. He paid for most of the wedding just for her. She reiterated that she didn't want anything too fancy, but he got her everything that he knew she wanted.

"This is now one of the happiest days of my life." Angel said to her husband.

"I can't remember something so exciting happening to me." He responded as they danced to "All of Me" by John Legend. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." He held her tight around the waist.

"I can't wait until tonight." She grinned.

"Me either. Our car is on the way, actually." He said. "So once we're done here, we can head off to the airport and then to-"

"Venica." She cut him off, finishing his sentence, with a grin on her face.

He smiled. He was loving her excitement.

"A whole week, just me and you. I'm so ready." She said.

There was a time when neither of them could imagine being married, but once they've found each other, they knew that they didn't want anyone else. In spite of their connection, they knew there was nothing but love between the two of them.

As "Thinking Out Loud" played, Zach ran up to his mom and new stepdad. "Can I dance with you, mommy?" He asked.

"Of course, honey." She looked down at him. 

As Derrick stepped away and suddenly, Heaven stepped up to him. "Wanna dance?" She asked.

One thing Derrick knew is that his woman came with a package. Her children. He loved each one of them because they were great kids. He'd hoped to have a child of his own with her but that'll make things a bit more strange for them, but if she wanted it, he wouldn't mind.

He began facing with Heaven and they danced to a couple of songs. They were having fun. Him, Angel, and the kids. Along with some of their other guests who were dancing on the dance floor with them by this time.

The reception was a great and fun celebration for Derrick and Angel, now they were headed off to their honeymoon in Venica, Italy.

On their first day back from their honeymoon, they changed their cell phones settings to receive phone calls. While they were away, they weren't making or taking any calls from anyone. Both of them were receiving a lot of text messages once they were settled in their car. 

"I guess we were missed." Angel chuckled as she read a few messages from Candice.

Candy: Drew found out I'm pregnant, so I had to explain things to him. He's not too happy about it. I'm sure he told Derrick.