Chapter 37

"This a great turn out." Alex said as she stood to the side of the art room with her husband.

"It is," Drew said with his arm around her waist, gripping her side. "I'm very proud of you." He kissed her cheek."

"Thank you." She smiled, glancing at around the large number of guests that showed up. "Where's your brother and Angel? I though they'd be here by now."

"He texted me a while ago saying they were running a little late. They'e coming."

"Okay."

"Where's Joy?" He asked

"She's in my office, she's not feeling to well."

She saw Donovan walk in with a girl on his arm and Drew noticed the same thing.

"Wow. Some nerve." Alex mumbled to herself.

"Let me go to the other side before I beat that lil boy ass." Drew said, glaring at Donovan.

Alex sighed, not wanting to speak, but he was one of her artists, so she had to, out of respect.

Walking through through the small crowed that was formed around one piece, she made it out and approached Donovan and the girl.

"Hey, Alex." He said with a smile, letting the girl's hand go.

"Hi. How's it going?" Alex put on a fake smile.

"Great. This is a nice turn out."

She looked around at him comment. "It is. This is more than what I expected. She looked in the corner where she came from and where the crowd was. "Have you seen your piece?" She asked.

"Not just yet. Where is it?"

"Find the crowd." She said, eyeing the crowd.

His eyes lit up and he glanced at the girl standing by him.

"I'm sorry." He said. "Alex, this is India." He said.

"Hi." India, greeted with a smile, stretching her arm out to shake Alex's hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"Same here."

"I should go over there." Donovan said with excitement.

"Definitely, I'm not gonna hold you up. This is a big night for you. Go on." She said.

Donovan began to walk and India grabbed his arm to not lose him.

Alex didn't want to just assume that India was a new girlfriend or anything, she just hoped that Joy doesn't come out the office anytime soon.

She saw two strangers walk in the gallery and decided to greet them. "Hi, welcome."

"Hello," the woman greeted.

Alex looked at the man and thought he looked familiar. "Were you two invited? Friends of one of the artist?" She asked.

"We were invited by a friend of mine." She answered, glancing around. "Derrick Robinson?"

"Oh, that's my brother-in-law!" Alex said with excitement. "I'm Alex Robinson. This is my gallery."

"Oh, this is nice. I pass by here all the time."

"Oh yea? Now you can stop by whenever and have a look at some things."

"Babe, maybe we'll see something." The woman said to her husband.

Alex's eyes shifted to the man again as he spoke.

"We'll just have to see." He said.

Alex tried to hold her smile as she realized who the man was. Sean.