Chapter 25

"Honey, could you please put those balloons up? I don't need them flying away and floating all over the place. Tie them outside the house." Angel ordered.

Angel glanced at her watch and then glanced at the decorations she had up everywhere.

"JJ! Come help me with this food." Angel picked up a pan of wings she cooked. After pitting all the food out and setting everything up, Angel was party ready. Guests had already started arriving by the once she had everything set up.

Some of the family was already there. Drew, Alex, and Joy, although Joy kept her distance from everyone by staying in Heaven's bedroom. She spent her time at the party talking on the phone. 

The men were playing dominos on the deck in the back yard,  the women were talking in the dining area, and the children were everywhere in the house.

Candice, who had just arrived, stormed into the house with a bit of anger.

She swung the door closed, but it was stopped before it could shut. Sean walked in behind her. "Candy!" He called her name.

"Sean, can you please leave? I don't appreciate you following me here." She turned to him, folding her arms.

"Listen, I'm just trying to talk some sense into you."

"Talk some sense into me? You're the one that need some sense. You're trying so hard to convince me to get rid of this baby, but it's not happening. I'm having this baby, whether you're gonna be there or not. We won't need you. We don't need you."

Angel heard the commotion from the dining room and went to see what was going on. "candy?"

"But I'm not ready to be a father." Candice, nor Sean noticed Angel was standing nearby.

"I'm not telling you to be a father, nor will I wait for you to step up become one when you feel like it. I'm not ready to be a mother, but guess what, I guess I'll suck it up and get ready because this baby will be born."

"Well, maybe if you did choose to suck it up, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Don't you think?"

Candice tilted her head and narrowed her eyes at him. "Excuse me?" She gripped her purse tighter as she swung it at him, hitting him as hard as she could. "Get out." She pointed to the door. "Get the hell out!" She said with more anger as tears filled her eyes.

"Candy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that."

"Go!" She yelled.

Angel finally stepped up. "Just go." She placed arm around Candice's shoulder.

"No," He refuse, I really need to talk to her."

"We're done talking. You want me to do something that I don't want to do and I'm not gonna do it, so that's the end of the conversation." She wiped her tears and jerked her shoulder away from Angel.

"If you two are gonna talk, can you take it to another room?" Angel was trying to be kind.

"No!" Candice answered. "We're done talking." 

"Candy, come on, man." Sean sucked his teeth.

"Sean, please leave!"

"Please, just go." Angel said. "I don't wanna have to call the police and have you removed."

"Hey, what's going on in-" Derrick walked into the hallway and froze when he noticed Sean. "The hell are you doing in here?" He asked with growing anger.

"He was just leaving." Angel answered, grabbing Derrick's arm to keep him from getting closer to Sean.

"I'm not leaving until I talk to Candy."