Chapter 3

"Sweetheart?" Derrick walked in the house, looking for Angel.

"I'm in the kitchen." She said.

Walking into the kitchen, he saw Angel and suddenly he smiled. She was leaning on the counter, with a glaass of red wine and her phone in her hand. She was pre-occupied.

"Hello, beautiful." He kisssed her cheek.

"Hey," she spoked back, "how was work?" She asked.

"It was good. I got a crazy case today." He answered, leaning on the countertop.

"How was it?" She asked.

"Fifteen year old boy, fought his teacher in school. The teacher is pressing charges against him." He answered.

Her eyes grew wide, not believing him. "What? I wish JJ would be feeling himself to the point where he think he can disrespect an adult."

Derrick shook his head, "Kids are so bold these days. His mother is trying so hard just to keep him out of juvenile, but he's just not trying to hear her."

"Oh nah." She shook her head, looking back on to her phone, "mines know better than to be that way. He knows that I don't play and neither does his father."

"I just know that my mother taught Drew and I way better than that, although, was the one with the bad temper."

"I figured that. I swear you don't get mad about anything and I've seen Drew be a little upset. It's scary."

She went into the cabinet and got a small glass and then sat in on the counter near the scotch, pouring some scotch into the glass.

"Here," she gave him the glass. "this is for your crazy case."

He took the glass, but kept his eyes on her as she leaned right back ove the counter, and took a sip of her wine.

Angel was such a sweet woman and the two of them had been together for nearly eight years. It was an odd sitiuation for them at first because she's the mother of his nephew, but they're used to it and things are going just fine for him.

He was more than happy to be with the woman that he loved, he just wished she was more than a girlfriend to him. He was more than ready to make Angel his wife. 

"Where's Zach?" He asked.

"He's at Drew and Alex's. She came to pick him up earlier."

He took a good look at her. "So it's just you and me tonight?" He asked, getting a little frisky after taking a gulp of his drink. 

She smiled a naughty smile at him, knowing what he was doing. 

He wrapped his arms around her waist as her arms wrapped around his neck and they shared a kiss. 

"I say, we go into the bedroom, and have a little fun." She said in a tone to turn him on.

"How about first, we can run some bath water and we can relax in the tub and then I'll take care of you for the remainder of the night." He gripped her tighter.

They shared another kiss and made their way to the bedroom. They had a quickie while he ran the bath water, nearly flooding out the bathroom getting carried away.

They were relaxed in their large jacuzzi tub. She was resting on his chest as he held on to her.

He figured now would be the perfect time for the, to talk about their future together, as husband and wife.

"Baby?" He said as he stroked her arm.

"Yes, sweetheart."

"I think it's time that we take things to the next level. I feel that we're past due."