Chapter 13

Drew and Alex sent Joy to Derrick and Angel's house. Sometimes, she and JJ would hang out when she's there.

"How about we go somewhere?" JJ said. "It's too boring in this house and I want to go somewhere."

Joy was laying across his bed, texting, while he sat on the floor playing his Xbox. She wasn't paying him any mind.

"Joy!" He threw a small pillow at her, hitting her in the face.

"Ouch!" Her phone dropped on the bed. "What boy?" she questioned, finally looking at him.

"Let's go somewhere." He said, pausing his game.

"Like where?" She asked. "It is boring here."

"I know some people that work by the boardwalk. They let me eat for free over there and stuff. Maybe you can call up your fine best friend and have her meet us out there."

Joy laughed, "How about you just give up on crushing on my best friend. She doesn't want you."

"Why she don't? Because she sho do be flirting with ya boy!"

"That's to entertain me and her." Joy laughed. She got a get message on her phone and she picked it up quickly to read it. A huge grin grew on her face as she responded. "I know the perfect place we can go." She said with excitement.

"Where?" He asked.

"You'll see when we get there. We just have to get passed your mom." She said.

"My mom went to the store with Zach and Heaven." He answered.

"WHen?" She asked.

"If this were a babysitting situation, you'll be the worse babysitter in the history of all babysitters." He shook his head. "I got up in the middle of playing my game and went downstairs and she told me they were going to the store and that they'll be back later." He explained. "She even came in here and told us that they were leaving."

Joy thought for a moment. She didn't remember Angel walking into the room, nor did she remember JJ leaving, then again, she knew she wasn't paying them attention. "Oh, okay. That's less explaining that we have to do." She got off the bed and stood up. "Get your shoes on, let's go."

He placed his remote on the floor and turned the television off. He already had on clothes, so he just put on a pair of Jordans. That, along with Air Max's is what he mainly had for footwear. Once he was ready, she was ready and they were headed out the door.

Around nine that night, Angel had been calling JJ and Joy since she and the kids came home.

"Mama, Where's JJ and Joy?" Zach asked.

"Honey, I don't know. I'm calling them. How about you go and take your bath?" She said to get him out of the way.

She called Derrick and he answered on the second ring.

"Hey, sweetheart, can you call Joy?" She asked. "I went to the store with the kids and I left JJ and Joy at home."

He chuckled. "Why would you leave two teens at home like that?" He asked.

"Because they're teens! Don't they just stay home and be bored?"

"Apparently, those two were a bit too bored and decided to find something to do."

Suddenly, Angel had a text message come through. "Hold on, babe, may be this is one of them texting me." She removed the phone from her ear and looked at her notifications, seeing a text from JJ saying that he and Joy were at the movies.