Chapter 2

AN:
THIS STORY WILL HAVE THE SAME TIME LAPSE AS The Fight, SO THAT NOTHING GET CONFUSED FOR ANYONE. HOPE THAT YOU LIKED THE PROLOGUE, NOW IT'S DOWN TO BUSINESS. THE ROBINSONS ARE ABOUT TO BRING YOU SOME DRAMA.

TerriAshFlow

"Joy, would you hurry up?" Alex called out to her step-daughter. "I need to be at work just like you need to be at school."

" I'm almost ready." Joy yelled from up the stairs.

"Everybody knows that almost doesn't count." Alex chuckled at herself using Brandy's lyrics. "Let's go! You better bit give your teachers any excuse about you being late except the fact that you have be dime glamor girl for class."

" I dominate that school. I have to look good." Joy walked down the stairs with flashing her kicks of the day."

Alex found it crazy how much of a sneaker head Joy is. It seemed like she and Drew were always buying her new sneakers every week.

"Why won't you wear the new Nikes we got you the other day? " asked suggested.

"These go better with my outfit." She mentioned.

Drew appeared in the foyer,  "hey, babe." He says to Alex , "Remember you're picking up Zach today."

"Oh yeah." She snapped her finger. "Thanks for reminding me."

Joy tried to scurry to the front door so that they don't bring up the situation.

"Joy, get back here and come get this stuff." Alex called out before Joy made it to the door.

Joy dragged herself back to where Alex and Drew were standing, picking up Alex's etra bag. 

"I should make you catch the bus to get your brother, since you totaled your car." Drew said.

"I said I was sorry, daddy." Joy whined.

"Oh, I know." He said. "But it's okay. You're about to be working so, hey, you can use that money to buy your own car." He said.

Joy sucked her teeth, rolling her eyes. "Ugh." 

"Watch your attitude, girl." Alex said as they walked to the front door together. "It's too early in the morning an attitude."

Alex wasn't a morning person at all. She was almost like a ticking clock. Before a certain time, there were specific things that couldn't happen. No arguing, no attitudes,  nothing that includes noises.

"Why do you always bring all this stuff home only to take them right back to work?" Joy complained.

"Because, my work is that important that I must bring it home to work on it. Almost like you having homework, which you think that I believe that you actually do it everyday before you come home." 

Joy 's face showed guiltiness. 

"But we'll discuss that in the car." Alex flashed a smile. "Tell your dad you'll see him later."

"Later daddy." Joy yelled for her father to hear her as she headed to the door.

Alex looked at Drew and shook her head. "See you later,  baby." She and Drew shared a hug, followed by a kiss. 

"I love you." Drew said to her.

"I love you too." They shared another kiss.

"See you two later."

Drew always makes sure he leave the house after Joy and Alex. He has to make sure that his house is in order before he leaves.

It was Tuesday and every Tuesday before work, he's stop by Shirley's house.