Chapter 41

"You got my daughter arrested?" Brent questioned her.

"Listen, when you steal from me, we have a problem. She deserved it."

"I told you to let me figure things out first. We don't know the situation is."

"The situation is that your daughter stole that money. How the hell did she get access to that account anyway?" She asked.

"I don't know!" He yelled, had you given me time to get to that point with her, maybe I can answer that." He began to put clothes on.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"To get my daughter."

"I don't get why you're justifying her stealing. If my child stole money like this from someone she would have to do that time. I mean it was clearly Kayla that took that money, it's not a guess. She consciously took that money know it wasn't hers."

"I'm sure if someone had gotten your daughter arrested, you'd want to raise all types of hell to get her out and get to the bottom of it." He slipped on a pair of tennis shoes.

"Unless I know she did something wrong."
J
"No! You would justify what she did to make sure she's not behind bars. Don't try to front with me."

"I'm not! That little girl had me messed up."

Brent stared at her for a moment. He couldn't believe that she'd gotten his daughter arrested. He shook his head and walked out the bedroom.

"I hope you shake your head at your thieving daughter the same way!" LaTrice yelled after him.

Getting to Kendra's house to pick her up, Brent was still in disbelief of the situation. He wasn't sure of whether or not he should tell Kendra who's behind Kayla's arrest.

"Are you okay?" He asked her after she got in the passenger seat of his car.

"When my baby is a free woman again and we get to the bottom of this, then I will be okay."

"Just relax." He grabbed her hand and squeezed it causing her to relax a little.

She let out a breath and rested her head on the head of the seat. "I just can't believe this. What is she doing in jail. She just wouldn't say it. I know Kayla isn't the one to really just break the law and get arrested. She's a good girl."

"We're gonna get her out. I just want you to calm down." He began to drive.

Kendra talked with worry the entire twenty minute ride to bail bond location they were told to go to.

It's been hours and they waited around the area for Kayla to be released. Around nine that morning, they spotted a girl walking.

"I think that's her!" Kendra pointed out the girl.

Brent squinted his eyes to get a better view of the girl who was still at a distance that wasn't so clear but he could see that it was Kayla.

He immediately got out the car and called Kayla's name, she turned to the direction he was in and felt relieved and ran to her father.

"Daddy!"

He embraced his daughter as she held onto him.

He pulled away from her, not letting her go, to get a look at her. "Sweetheart, are you okay?"

"I wanna go home." She cried.

"I'm gonna take you to your mom's house, she's in the car right now." They looked ahead at the car and saw Kendra standing outside the car.