Chapter 7

Angel was having lunch with her mother,Florence, while she was on her break. Every now and then, Angel will invite her mom to lunch while she's on break. It was a great time for them to have mother-daughter time with one another without Angel's children being in the way.

"I'm just saying, sweetie, at this age, I thought you'd be married by now. I was a bit sad that you and Jordan didn't work out."

"Mama, Jordan and I weren't meant to be, so let's not dwell on the past. We're friends, but we certainly wasn't working out."

"But I will tell you, I do like Derrick. He's such a gentleman and I can tell he loves you."

"He does." Angel said. "He asked me to marry him."

Florence stared at her daughter in disbelief. "He what?"

"He asked me to marry him." Angel said.

"What? When?" Florence was excited.

"A few weeks ago." Angel answered. "I said yes, but I'm not sure about it."

"Why not?"

Angle shrugged, not knowing how to respond to the question. "I don't know." She hesitated to say. "I'm just not sure about marriage."

"You've been with this man for over five years and he wants to marry you. You two have gone through enough things together to be married, so why not marry him. Are you trying to make him a lifelong boyfriend, because I can tell you right now that won't last. He'll get tired of waiting and leave you."

"No. I don't want to make him wait any longer, but it's just the whole situation with his being Drew's brother and Zach's uncle."

"Oh don't let that stop you now, honey. If you just dunt want to get married, then don't. But I'm sure I know you and that you don't want to lose him altogether."

"I don't." Angel mumbled as she played in her food.

"Well it's time that you put your big girl panties in and make a move." Florence took a sip of her water.

"You're right." Angel stabbed one of her roasted potatoes with her form and stuck it in her mouth."

"Now that you have something to think about, how are my grandbabies?" She asked, changing the subject.

"They're good. They've been bugging be about going to their dad's to see their little sisters."

"sisters?" Florence questioned.

"Yeah, Jordan and his wife had another baby." Angel responded. "She's gorgeous."

"Y'all keep popping up with these babies, y'all killing me. You better not come up with another one." Florence pointed to Angel.

Angel chucked, "Don't worry about that happening, mama. My body won't let that happen."

"Mmm hmm, let you tell it. You said something very similar to that after Heaven was born."

Angel and her mother shared a laugh.

"I was on a different path in life at the time. Zach, was definitely unplanned." She admitted.

"Just keep in mind that Derrick doesn't have any children." She pointed out, "And he'll probably want some." She added.

"I sure hope not. I've been through three pregnacies, and that was enough." She reminisced on the birth of her three children. She glanced at her watch, "Oh shoot, I have to go back to work."

"Don't let me hold you up. I'll see you later, baby." Florence said as Angel stood up and kissed her mother's cheek.

Angel reached in her purse and pulled some cash out. "Here's for lunch." She sat the money in front of her mom.