Chapter 10

Alex picked Joy up from school and they went to her studio, so that she could finish up some work and meet with one of her artists.

Joy sat in a chair off to the side of the large space when she noticed a guy walked in. He was tall, at least six feet and two inches, like a basketball player. He could pass for Corbin Bleu, only cuter. His hair was light brown and curly and pulled back into a ponytail.

"Donovan." Alex called his name as he walked in.

"Hey, Alex. How are you?" he asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good."

Joy sat aside and watched his every move. As much as she comes to Alex's job, she's never seen this man before.

"I wanted to show you this drawing." He took his art bag off of his shoulder, and then pulled out his drawing notebook, opening it up. He allowed Alex to observe the drawing.

"Donovan, this is amazing. When'd you do this piece?" She asked.

"Just finished it last night." He answered.

"I love this."

"You do?" He asked. "I wasn't sure if anyone would like it, but I knew I could get an honest opinion from you."

Alex couldn't take her eyes off the drawing, "I can't lie even if I wanted to, but this is beyond amazing." She said.

Someone else walked into the studio and Alex looked at them. It seemed to be someone that she was expecting. She gave Donovan a look, "Do you mind sticking around for a while, this is someone I was expecting today. If you can't, I understand completely." She said.

"Sure, I don't mind. I'm free all afternoon." He said.

"Great. I'll be back shortly." She said before walking away.

Donovan put his artwork away and put his bag back on. Suddenly he noticed Joy sitting in a chair that was isolated from the large space.

He thought she was cute and decided to approach her.

"Hi." He spoke, flashing a smile.

She was blushing. "Hi."

"I'm Donovan." He stretched his arm out to shake her hand.

"Joy." She shook his hand.

"That's a pretty name. You're also gorgeous." He added.

"Are you waiting on Alex as well?"

"In a way, yes." She answered.

"You draw?" he asked.

"No, I dance." She answered.

"Really? WHy type of dance?" He asked.

"All types. Mainly ballet and jazz."

"A ballet dancer? Can I tell you a secret?" He asked.

"Sure."

"I have a thing for ballet dancers. I feel they have so much class and etiquette."

"Really?" Joy smiled.

"Yep."

"Did you want to have a seat?" She asked.

"Sure, there's no telling how long I'll be waiting for Alex."