Chapter 45

Kayla made it to the apartment shared with Greg. When she walked in, she froze at what she saw, or what she didn't see. Her furniture.

Her heart dropped and she began to panic. Checking the entire, one bedroom apartment, she was only left with her clothes and other things that only she used.

She called Greg, afraid that he was going to flip out when she tells him that their stuff was gone.

Holding the phone to his ear, the call came to a voicemail she wasn't expecting.

"We're sorry, the number you're trying to contact is no longer in service." The computerized voice said.

"No." she mumbled to herself. "No!"

She called again to make sure she hit the right contact. She received the same message.

Kayla looked around the empty apartment and fell to her knees, crying. How could he leave her high and dry?

She cried, not knowing what her next move is. How can she pay for the apartment all by herself, along with all the bills?

Her life was falling apart all because of Greg. He talked her into stealing money, saying that he was going to make them rich.

After crying for a few minutes, she got up, wiping her face and went outside. Someone had to see him move their stuff out.

When she walked out the door, her neighborhood across the hall was Keyshawn, he was almost thirty. He and Greg would talk every now and then. She was glad that Keyshawn was coming out the door.

"Hi," she tried to prevent her voice from cracking as she spoke, "I'm not sure if you remember me, I'm-"

"Kayla." He answered. "I know you. I thought you and Greg moved. I saw him earlier moving stuff with some people." He informed.

"You did?" Kayla frowned. "Not too long ago?"

"You seem like you didn't know." He said.

She shit her eyes, placing her hand on her forehead.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

She wanted to break down again, but she heard her name coming from the first level. She was standing by the stairs and can clearly be seen by someone who was at the bottom of the stairs.

She looked down and saw Greg glaring at her.

"Greg," her eyes lit up, glad to see him, but afraid of the expression he held.

Greg marched up the stairs once he saw her talking to Keyshawn.

"What the hell you doing?"

"Where were you and where's our stuff?" Kayla asked, ignoring his question.

"It doesn't matter where I was. So you think you're just gonna talk to other niggas when I'm not around?"

Keyshawn was gonna leave the conversation at that and get out the way. He decided against it when Greg grabbed Kayla by her hair and dragged her down the staircase.

"Get ya ass in the car!" He pulled he to the car.

". Greg, let me go!" Kayla was crying, in pain from hurting herself on the stairs.

"Say, man, let her go!" Keyshawn approached them, stepping to Greg.

"How about you mind your business?" Greg shoved Kayla in the passenger seat.

"Nah, man, she don't need to be going with you." Keyshawn pulled on the passenger door.

Greg pushed him, but not hard enough to knock him down. Keyshawn pushed Greg to the ground and held him down.