Prologue

"I really can't believe you're going to his wedding." LaTrice fussed at Shirley.

"I can't believe we're going to have the conversation again." Shirley sighed, picking up her shoes from from the floor.

"Mama, he's my ex-husband! You'd swear that's your biological son."

Shirley rolled her eyes at ehr daughter's outburst. 

"Mother's aren't supposed to go to their daughter's ex-husband's wedding. That's betrayal!"

"LaTrice, that's enough. That man barely speaks two words about you, yet, you like to ramble on about him and what he's doing with his life! He even tried to maintain a healthy relationship with you because of Joy." She finally turned around to face her daughter. "He gave you the same invitation that he gave me, you either come with me, or you shut up and stay here and I'll see you later."

"Why would I go to his wedding?" LaTrice questioned.

"That's it!" Shirley threw her hands in the air. "I'm done  here." She grabbed her purse off the bed. "Lock my house up before you leave." She walked out the bedroom door, followed by LaTrice.

Shirley knew that deep down, LaTrice wanted to go to Drew's wedding, but she was still feeling funny about the situation.

It wasn't until after Drew introduced LaTrice to his soon-to-be wife, Alexandria, that LaTrice became the jealous ex-wife from hell. When their divorce was final, LaTrice seemed to have moved on from Drew, but suddenly wanted him back once he'd found someone else.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to be bitchy, I just miss my babies." LaTrice said before her mother reached the front door.

Shirley sighed, "LaTrice, finish getting ready. I'm giving you fifteen minutes." She said. LaTrice already had her hair and makeup on, so alk she needed was to get dressed.

Shirley knew what her daughter was up to.  LaTrice didn't want her mom to go, but she didn't want Shirley to go without her.

When LaTrice had finally finished getting dressed,  Shirley couldn't believe what her daughter had on.

"Where in the hell do you think you're going?" Shirley asked,  frowning at her daughter's attire.

LaTrice had on a white dress, that came above the knees, showing some thigh. It fitted her body well. The v -cut that showed a bit too much of her cleavage,  with her breast sitting up. She looked like a vixen.

"You don't like my dress?" She posed with her butt out.

If there was any moment Shirley wanted to slap her daughter silly,  this would definitely be a moment.

"You're not getting in the car with me with that on. We're going to a wedding, not a strip club." Shirley was irritated now.

"You're not about to go to this wedding and embarrass me or yourself. If you're not going to at least support Drew, then your presence is not wanted nor needed. It's been over a year since the divorce had been final and that man had been nothing but good towards you me. I'm going to his wedding no matter what, because he and his fiancee wants me there. Either you change your clothes and put on something more appropriate or stay your behind here or go home."

LaTrice knew how serious her mother was about going to Drew's wedding,  but she knew she had a decision to make. She silently walked away.

"What's it going to be? I'm ready to leave." Shirley was frustrated. She knew LaTrice was going to change her clothes,  but she couldn't believe how much she was acting like a juvenile.

Once LaTrice was ready,  Shirley shook her head at her. She didn't understand why her grown daughter was behaving as if she were some jealous high school,  teenage girl.