Chapter 33

Drew pulled into the driveway coming home from work with Joy. He and Joy both noticed LaTrice's car parked in front of his house.

"What is she doing here?" He mumbled.

He parked his car and they got out.

"Mom?" Joy walked to LaTrice's car as LaTrice got out.

Drew stayed close to his vehicle as Joy walked away.

"Hey, baby." She greeted Joy with a smile and opened her arms to give her a hug. She gave her daughter a look. "Business attire? You look good. Project at school?" She asked.

"No," Joy hesitated to hug her mother, but hugged her anyways, "work."

"Work?" LaTrice was shocked. "Where are you working?"

"With Uncle D." Joy answered. "What are you doing here?"

"I can't stop by to see my daughter?" LaTrice questioned.

"I guess. It's not often you stop by to me..." Joy commented.

"Watch yourself, lil girl." LaTrice gave a stern look.

Joy looked back at her dad who still didn't move. "I'm going in the house." She said in a depressed tone.

As Joy walked up the driveway to the front door, LaTrice followed her and stopped once she was getting close to Drew.

"I actually came to talk to you." She said.

He held a blank expression.

"I was thinking of selling the house, but since it's in your name, you're the one I must consult."

"Okay, then it's a done deal." He said.

"Just like that?" She asked.

"Why would I stop you from moving?" He asked. "You're grown." He shrugged a little.

"Well, we just," she paused for a slight second, "I mean, I just wanted to talk to you about that." She said with a smile.

Drew couldn't stand the woman that stood before him. He didn't care where she was going, but he would gladly let her sell the house. He just hoped she was moving far away.

"I've decided to move away with Brent." She said. "I wanted to see if Joy wanted to move with me."

Drew frowned at her. "Do you really think she'll want to move with you?" He asked.

"I think she should have a choice."

"And I think I know what choice she's gonna make." He snapped. "But is that all you need?" He asked. "You know next time, you can just call and not stop by."

"Well I was out and pretty close by here so I figured is stop by instead."

Suddenly Alex's car appeared close by down the road and Drew watched her until she drove into the driveway.

As she drove through the driveway, he saw her glare at LaTrice and and then he saw his son in back seat.

Zach let the window down. "Hey daddy!"

The garaged opened and she drove in. Once her car was in, she closed the garage door.

"Oh wow. Somebody's in they're feelings. A woman comes home and not speak to her husband. That's disrespectful." She commented.

He sighed. "Actually, a woman who continuously shows up to her ex-husband's house to disturb the peace in his home, is very disrespectful." He locked his door and walked to the front door. "I'll talk to Joy about your move."