Chapter 54

"Oh look Louise, it's Thelma." Alex joked as Candy walked in the living room.

Angel rolled her eyes, "shut up."

"What?" Candy was confused.

"Ignore her." Angel told Candy. "She needs to hush before I pop her just like I did ole girl."

Candy laughed. "You know, I actually feel so much better knowing she's not gonna press charges against us. I'm just ready to move on from all of that."

"That means you can't contact Sean at all." Angel mentioned with a serious face.

"I'm not." Candy assured. "I'm changing my number and I'm moving."

"You're still moving back to Atlanta?" Alex asked.

Candy nodded her head.

"Why?" Angel questioned.

"Life was much better there. Sean isn't there and it'll make it easier for me to forget about all of this."

Alex nor Angel was convinced that she should still consider moving.

"If that's the move you want to make, then I guess we have to accept it. Just make sure you keep in touch, please." Angel spoke with concern in her tone.

Candy gave Alex and Angel a since look, "I promise. You two are my sisters and you've done nothing but help me throughout this entire thing."

After sitting and talking with the girls for a while, Alex drove home. On her way, she got a phone call from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Alex, this is Joy..." Joy's voice was tight. No hope and low.

"Hey, sweetie, what's going on?"

"I wanted to know if you could pick me up." Joy asked.

"From where? I thought your friend was bringing you home?" Alex questioned.

"No, she can't take me home." Joy said, her voice was still the same and it had Alex a bit worried.

"Where are you?"

"At the police station..."

Alex hit her breaks, glad she wasn't on the freeway or that any cars were behind her. "What?"

Joy was silent.

...

Alex followed the officer down the hall and into an office where She found Joy seated.

When Joy saw her, her face lit up.

"Thank you, Rodney." Alex said. She was glad she knew officers because there was no way she could get Joy out of this one easy.

"Anything for an old friend." He walked in behind her.

"Joy, what the hell is going on?" Alex asked although she knew because Rodney had already filled her in. She just wanted to hear Joy's side of the story.

"I swear, I didn't do anything wrong." Joy started.

"Then what did you do to end up here?" Alex sat down.