Chapter 39

Between Angel, Derrick, and Candice, Alex wasn't sure who called the most. She was almost irritated with them. She wasn't able to answer their calls because she was on a very important call and more important calls between that one.

"Hello? Mrs. Robinson?" Linda said into the phone to get Alex's attention.

"Yes? I'm still here." Alex answered with a grin.

"Okay, I wasn't sure of you heard me, but I was saying that you and your husband can come by today to complete the paperwork to take her home."

Alex muted the call for seven seconds while she squeal and celebrate with herself. This the most exciting news she'd heard in a long time.

Taking the mute off, Linda continued to speak. "Please keep in mind that this is a temporary process and that nothing has been confirmed. We will see how things go and then we'll see what happens in court." She explained.

"Okay, great. I got it." Alex contained her excitement by lightly tapping her foot on the floor. "What did you want us to meet you at the office?" She asked.

"At two-thirty." Linda answered. "That's the soonest I can get you here and definitely have her with me."

"I'll give my husband a call and we'll be there." Alex promised.

"Okay, see you soon." Linda said before ending the call.

Alex immediately called Drew after her called with Linda ended.

"Hey, honey." Drew answered.

"Baby, we're taking her home today!" Alex said with excitement.

"What? Taking who home? Joy?" He questioned. "What happened?"

"Not Joy, our baby at the adoption agency." She corrected.

"What?" He asked with disbelief.

"We're getting our baby." She smiled.

"You're joking right?" he said.

"Well, she said that she wants us to meet her at two thirty this afternoon so that we can do some paperwork that will allow us to bring her home."

"We're getting our baby!" He said with excitement.

"But, it's temporary for now." She added. "Nothing will be confirmed until we go to court."

"Well, this is a good step for us," he said, "right?"

"I would think so. It's giving us a chance." She said, glancing at the time on the phone, it was a quarter passed eleven. "I feel like I need to go shopping for something." She paced back and forth.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves." He said. "We have stuff already."

"You're right." She stopped pacing. "I'm nervous now." She took a seat on the chair.

As she was on her way to meet with Linda and Drew, Angel called her.

She figured she couldn't ignore them forever, so she decided to answer the call. "Hello?"

"Alex..." Angel's tone was surprised and relieved at the same time.

"Hey," Alex responded lowly.

"I know I called a few times just this morning alone, but I really wanted to apologize about the show." She said with sincere. "I hated that happened and I hope you don't stay upset with us. I was embarrassed for you."

"What was that even about?" Alex asked.

Angel let out a sigh. "Revenge." she simply answered.

"I just hate that revenge had to take place on a special night for me. I mean I don't want to just point fingers, but y'all could have handled that somewhere else or at another time." Alex tried not to fuss and get worked up.