Chapter 23

"Have a seat." LaTrice offered.

"I won't be long. This will be quick." He said. 

"Oh, how quick? Brent won't be back for a few hours and Brice is asleep in his room." She explained.

"Nothing like that is going down here." He said. "I just need to make some things clear to you." He leaned on the wall. 

She stood before him with a smirk on her face.

"I don't want you." He started. "I haven't wanted you since I found out about you and Brent. At that very moment, our entire relationship failed. Married or not. I lost all types of respect for you then."

Her eyebrow raised. 

"After we split, I let you be. I let your live your live however you wanted to. You could have dated anyone you wanted to, but you still chose that nigga." He shook his head. "Why? That's not my business. I never got in the way of y'all or anything. Hell, you could have even married him and I wouldn't have cared. Wanna know why? Because I have Alex."

She rolled her eyes.

"I don't care how you feel about her, because that doesn't matter. Joy loves her and I love her."

"That's the problem right there." She said.

"What's the problem?" He frowned.

"I don't care about your wife, but the fact that you took my daughter away from me and you got this woman treating my child like her own and having her turn my daughter against me, that's the problem."

"Joy isn't turning against you because of Alex. That's all on you." He said. "If you take a moment to look at yourself and think about the things you've been doing, I get why she turned away from you, so i don't blame her.The last person you want to blame is Alex. She's been trying so hard to get Joy to even call you and it's sad to see that Joy doesn't even want to do that."

"Of course you're gonna take up for your little wife." Trice whined, rolling her eyes. 

"You damn right I am, because she's my wife." He emphasized. "When you mess with my wife, then that's when I have a problem. I'm done playing this game with you, Trice. Me and you are over. I've been nothing but nice to you, we al have, but that is all over. Joy will come over here by her choice from now on. You already don't put effort into seeing her, you try much harder to see me and bother Alex, than you do to see your own daughter." He explained with frustration.

"If she wants to see you, then she will, I can't force her to see you or call you or whatever."

"You're not gonna try to keep my child away from me!"

"I'm not! You walked out on us! Me and her! I was able to handle that, but she wasn't. She was just a child, and you walked out on her. Did you ever think about the kind of damage that could cause? Lack of a relationship with your own child. Have you ever stopped to think about that. You act like you didn't want her and then had the nerve to try to fight with me in court over custody. You'd didn't deserve to keep her after that. Besides, there was no way in hell I was gonna allow her to live with you while you're with that nigga!"

"Now you gotta bring him up." She threw her hands up.

"Oh, trust me, this isn't about him. This is all about you. It's always been about you, but not anymore. After today, don't call me, don't call Joy, don't stop by my house, nor my job, I've already talked to security at the job."

"Oh, what you're gonna get a restraining order against me?" She questioned, folding her arms across her chest.

"What the hell is that little piece of paper supposed to do? I don't need no court order. That's why I'm letting you know right now out of my mouth so that there is no confusion. Stay away from us. You've done enough and waste more than enough time and energy. Just stop it."