Chapter 27

For the last few days, Candice had been trying to call her family. Everyone was either too busy to talk or just not answering. She called Angel and talked to her for a moment but Angel had to go. She was feeling stuck out.

Walking into the clinic, she held her phone tight in one hand and clutching her purse in the other hand. She made it to the waiting room and saw a familiar face.

"Candice?" Alex smiled with a surprise.

"Hey, Alex." Candice nervously hugged her.

"How are you?"  Alex asked.

"I'm good,  how about yourself?" she asked.

"Better, now that I'm about to leave. Coming to check on that precious baby of yours?" she asked.

Candice flashed a grin and  nodded her head.

"Aww, I'm sure your little bundle is still healthy in there. I never told you congrats, I'm sure you'll make a great mom." Alex complimented. "I have to go now." She glanced at her watch. "See you later on.

Candice let out a breath once Alex had walked away. She signed in and waited to be seen by her doctor. 

Sitting on the table her pulse was racing throughout her entire body. When the doctor walked in she put on a smile. "Hi, Ms. Robinson." She smiled at Candice.

"Hi."

"How are you today?" She asked, sitting on the stool.

"I'm alright. Just a little nervous." She answered.

"It's okay. I told you once before that we don't have to do this."

"No, I have to do this." Candice said. "I want to do this." she took a deep breath.

"Okay." Her doctor agree as if she had no choice. "Give me a moment, I'm going to be right back." She got up and walked out the room. The room was big and spacey. There wasn't much in there but a table bed and a stool. There were two large cabinets that were side by side, but they were in a far corner.

A small table of tool sat next to where she laid. Observing each tool, she had no clue what they do which made her more nervous. She promised herself that she wouldn't do this, but she felt she had to.

She placed her hands on her abdomen and spoke. "I'm sorry." She cried. "I'd rather not live in this crazy world with these crazy people. You deserve better than this." She wiped her tears and closed her eyes. At that moment, her doctor came back. 

"Alright." She said as she sat back down, looking at Candice with her eyes close. "Everything okay?" She asked.

"Yes, let's just get this over with." Candice said, not opening her eyes.

....

Walking out of the building, Candice had a grip on her phone and her purse. She was headed to the pharmacy to get the medication her prescribed for her. She had mixed emotions about what just happened.

Calling her family, she wanted to talk to someone about it, but that didn't work out for her. The first thing she wanted to do was have a drink, but she'd much rather be at home, by herself.

After leaving the pharmacy, she went home. She was drained. She did nothing but cry and there seemed to be nothing that could make her feel any better.