Chapter 19

Alex heard the front door and a smile appeared on her face. She saw Drew walked in. "Hey, honey." She said from the living room. She had on a lounging dress, with her hair high in a bun.

"Hey, sweetheart." He walked into the living room and sat next to her. "How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good. Just missing you. I'm glad you're home now." She kissed his cheek.

He then grabbed her face and kissed her lips, passionately.

"Wow." The kiss shocked Alex. "Looks like you were missing me too." She giggled.

"I did. This is my favorite part of the day. Seeing my wife."

She blushed. She then heard the door closed and looked at the hallway from where the door is. "Who is that?"

"Joy." He answered. 

"Joy?" She questioned.

"Home at last." They heard Joy sa.

"Joy-Joy!" Alex called out to her step-daughter. "Come here, girl."

Joy came into the living room and sat next to Alex. 

"Hey, beauty." Alex said to Joy.

"It feels so great being home." 

Alex giggled and glanced at Drew.

"How was dinner for you two?" She asked them, expecting an answer from either of them.

"It was cool, I guess. I'm just glad daddy was able to talk my mom into letting me come back here." Joy answered, kicking her feet up on the table.

"Sweetie, get your feet down. DOn't get too excited about being home." Alex patted Joy's legs. She then looked to Drew, "So she was giving a hard time about that?" Alex asked.

Drew hesitated a little to respond. "Not really." He managed to say. He looked at Joy, "Joy, go up to your room so I can talk to Alex."

"I will gladly go to my room." She said with a smile. 

When they were sure Joy was upstairs in her bedroom, Drew began to speak.

"Tonight at dinner, I was getting a strange vibe from Trice." He said. "She was kind of flirting with me all night."

Alex chuckled, shaking her head, but she was not amused.

"I really think that she thinks that I want her or something." He said. 

Maybe you were kind go giving her that impression that you do, but I sure hope you don't." She gave him a serious stare.

"No, babe." He shook his head. "You know that I can't even stand that woman."

"That makes two of us. I can't tell you to not talk to her or stay away from her because she's Joy's mother."

"She's not Joy's mother. She's her mom. That woman is no mother to my daughter." He said.

"Okay, whatever you want to call it." Alex put her hands up. "You just have to be careful."

"I know, I just hate what she puts Joy through and I certainly hate that clown she's with and how he decides who he wants to be in my daughter's life." He explained.

"Who she's with shouldn't matter to you, even if you do hate him. That just kind of tell that you still have some kind of feelings for her if you don't like who she's with."

"Alex, she's my ex-wife. There were feelings before, but I can assure you that there are none now." He said.

"How sure are you about that?" She asked.