Chapter 26

"My mother, Drew? She dragged my poor mother in this? Really? What kind of childish ass woman did you marry?" Alex yelled as Drew drove. Joy being in the back seat was the least of Alex's concern. "I hope my mama runs up her credit card limit and use her name in everything." She threw her back into the seat and glared out the window.

"Al, can we talk about this when we get home?" He asked. "I don't need you all worked up while I'm trying to drive.

"No! We're gonna talk about this now." She raised her voice, catching Joy's full attention now. "Your crazy as ex-wife, somehow found my mother. What sane woman takes the time out to go and find a crackhead who is practically no one to her? How low is that?"

Drew was glad that they were close to home. Joy was tuned in and listening to everything Alex was saying.

"A crackhead? What point is she trying to prove?" Alex let out a sigh as if she were holding her breath. "I mean, come on. I felt terrible. She brought her to the party that Angel threw for her kids. A kid's party and that went downhill. That's embarrassing. I don't know if it's embarrassing for you but it is for me."

"Sweetheart, I get that you're upset, but I just want you to relax right now." He said, reaching over to grab her hand, but she moved her hand out of the way. He shifted his body closer to his window, switching his hands on the steering wheel, then he took a glance at Joy.

Alex glanced at Joy a second later and then her eyes looked out the window.

For the remainder of the ride home she was silent, but Drew knew that she was going to be talking again once they got home.

Walking into the house, everyone was quiet. Joy went up to her bedroom, Alex and Drew went to their's. To his surprise, she still hadn't said a word. She walked into the bathroom, closing and locking the for behind her, and she got in the shower.

After thirty minutes of Alex being in the shower, Drew knocked on the door. "Babe!"

"What?" She answered.

"Are you okay? You've been in there for a while."

"Yes." 

Suddenly the water turns off and then he walked away from the door. A few minutes later, she walked out the bathroom. She had on a large t-shirt and her hair was wet. She began to dry her hair with the towel and then she put the towel away once she was done.

"If you want to talk about this, we can talk about it now." He said.

"No, that's okay. I'm done talking about it." She said, getting into the bed. Once she was in the bed, he went into the bathroom and took a shower. When he was out, she was asleep, and he got in the bed next to her.

That morning, he woke up and she was gone. Walking all over the house, calling her name, there was no answer. Once he saw that her car was gone, he called her.

"Babe, where are you?" He asked.

"I'm at work." He answered. 

"I thought you were staying home today?" He asked.

"I decided to come in for a while. I'll be home later on today." She responded. "

"Okay, just call me if you ned anything, I guess." He said.

"Okay, love you." She said.

"Love you too."

"Drew spent the next few hours at home, cleaning up. Joy danced her way down the stairs after spending all morning in her bedroom. "Where's Alex?" she asked.