Not yours to keep

"Derek are you feeling alright?" Y/n asked as she saw the man pout more than was normal.
"I'm fine." He said bluntly.
Y/n was used to his usual sulking party that he had all day every day, for Derek was a very depressed and emotionally unavailable man, but this was worse and y/n knew it.
"No you're not fine." Y/n shook her head. She stopped him as they walked and she turned to stand in front of him and faced him. She tried to look into his eyes but he quickly averted his gaze. She put her hand on Dereks which was over his crossed arms. She undid his standoffish stance and held his big hands in her tinier ones.
"Derek, tell me what's wrong." She was practically pleading with her eyes.
Derek sighed and finally looked at her after shifting the weight on his feet to be closer to her in stance.
"I'm just... moody. And I know that's not new for me but I just feel... worse."
"Is there anything going on?"
He nodded but didn't say anything right away.
"You can tell me what's going on. I know I'm not a werewolf or a banshee or anything else supernatural but I'm pretty strong. You can tell me." Y/n was searching so hard in his eyes for any answers she could fish out.
"I had a run in with another alpha. They smelled you on me and threatened you. I'm just tense and trying to watch out all the time. It's annoying. This constant paranoia is killing me." She smiled up at him and giggled "What's so funny?"
"You think I'm gonna get taken?" Derek nodded "I'm not going anywhere baby. I'm staying right he-"
Before she could finish her sentence a whisp of a figure rushed out and grabbed her around the waist, carrying her off quicker than she was used to.
She screamed as she felt her feet leave the floor and dash away.
"Put me down!" She screeched as she flailed her arms and legs, hoping to get loose. To no avail, nothing happened.
She was jostled around for a minute or two more before she was thrown to the ground, incoming the wind out of her.
She gasped desperately, panicking at the lack of oxygen filling her lungs. When she started breathing again, she scuffled around to look for the beast that took her. The crunch of the leaves under her feet made her cringe. She knew that it must have been a werewolf, so the sound was not helping. She looked around, scared as she tried to see anything to help or hurt her. She was hoping to either find Derek or the beast.
"Y/n!!" Derek shouted. She started to run for him.
"Derek!" Y/n shouted back as she got closer to him.
"Y/n!"
"Derek I'm right here!" She yelled as she saw him.
"Y/n!" He smiled as he saw her run to him.
"What the hell was that?" She hugged him
"I know exactly who it was." Dereks voice shifted as his face morphed. He let out a low growl as he saw a shadow behind her.
"Well well well. If it isn't Derek and his little play thing. I wouldn't mind stealing her for a while." A low spiteful voice scratched
"You better get the hell away from her or I swear to god I'll kill you."
"Oh... tsk tsk tsk. Come on now Derek. Cant you be nice?"
"No, I can't." Derek growled
"Well then i guess we will just have to fight for her." The other werewolf's claws protruded from his fingers and Derek let out a defensive roar.
Y/n watched as he lunged for each other.
They wrestled around for a second before Derek got the upper hand. He gripped onto the alphas throat and started to scratch his sides.
"I don't want you to ever be around me or my girlfriend ever again. Do you understand?" Derek was clearly dominating him.
The alpha whimpered and shouted a "yes!" Hoping it would relieve the pain. Derek got off of the other wolf and watched as the alpha ran away.
Y/n stood in shock as he walked back over to her.
"You're fine now. I scared the big bad wolf off."
She wrapped her arms around his waist and sighed.
"We need to go home. I'm over this." Derek kissed her forehead and nodded in agreement.
"I'm not going to let you go for days. That was the scariest moment of my life when I saw you get taken like that. I seriously don't think I've ever panicked more."
I kissed his jawline and turned to walk back to the car with him. I grabbed his hand and he squeezed it tight.
"Let's get home."